Discovered

June

I refill the coffee decanter and go back to the dining area, finding two new patrons at a booth. I grab two menus and as I walk up to them, and recognize that one is Levi from yesterday. The other person is a handsome man in his early twenties with tan skin and black hair pulled back in a short ponytail and gray eyes.

Levi smiles at me. "Well, hello, again."

"Hello, to you too. Would you like a menu? Or are you looking for someone?"

He chuckles, "We're here to eat."

I nod and hold out the menus to them. I notice the motion makes them both stiffen. Levi's nostrils flare like he's smelling something. He looks down and clears his throat. "That's....that's a pretty sweater you're wearing." His hands clench the menu until his knuckles are white. "Where did you get it? I think my mom would like something like that for her birthday."

I look down at Sang's sweater. "Oh, I don't recall where we bought it from. We got it in California."

"We?" he asks, still looking at his menu.

"My daughter and me. It's hers."

Levi pinches the bridge of his nose, the other man holds the menu in front of his face. "So you just moved here?" Levi asks.

"Yes, my daughter and I moved in with my parents. I grew up here."

He nods. "It's a nice town."

The other man speaks up for the first time, putting the menu down. He gives me a beautiful smile, and if I were younger, would melt from it. "I'll have the steak and eggs."

"I'll have sausage and pancakes," Levi says.

"Okay. And to drink?"

"Coffee," they say.

I pour some in their mugs and leave to give their order to Kota and Nathan. Something about that conversation seemed odd.....

Levi and Cole

Levi leans over the table to whisper to his alpha, his brother.

"Holy s***. Was that what I think it was?"

Cole's eyes turn black. "The scent of a female shifter? It was faint, but there. She probably hasn't had her awakening yet."

Levi shakes his head. "You think Owen and his pack know?"

"They work with the female's mother don't they?"

Levi runs his hand through his hair. "I've never smelled that scent before. It's similar, but different, feminine."

"None of us have."

"What are we going to do?"

"We're going to have our breakfast and then you will stay in town, hidden, until she leaves, following her home and finding her daughter. I'll go tell the pack."

"And if she lives in their territory?"

"I don't care. They'll pay for keeping this from us."

Levi smiles wickedly. "Good."