Awakened

North

She bit me.

She f****** bit me.

Sean, the b******, is still laughing over it.

She'd been quiet for the last few hours, sleeping. Then her eyes snapped open and she sat straight up in the bed scaring the s*** out of us. Her eyes were wild and... black. Already? I turned to Sean to ask him about it as I put my hands on her shoulders, to gently urge her to lie back down, when she grabbed my forearm and sunk her little white teeth into the skin, growling. Growling!

I was so turned on and shocked at the same.

Once I ripped my arm from her teeth, she clawed at me. And she's f****** strong. Not as strong as us, but already stronger than most humans. It took a while before she collapsed into sleep once more.

I glare at the laughing loon. "What the f***," I hiss. "She's going through her awakening so fast."

Footsteps come down the hall, and Owen, Silas, Luke, Kota and Gabe enter the room.

"How is she?" Luke asks.

"She's progressing through her awakening quickly," Sean confirms.

"What the hell happened to you?" Silas looks at my arms and face, covered with already healing scratches.

"Where's Cole's pack?" I return.

"They've disappeared," Gabe replies. "Their tracks lead north including Levi's."

Sean looks at Owen, "What do you think they're doing?"

"I think they may be headed to see Thomas," he answers. "You say her awakening is progressing quickly?"

"Yes, at this rate it will be over in a few hours, and incredibly intense for her." Sean brushes her hair back.

"We'll all stay here now and guard the house," Owen directs.

Sang

I'm dying.

I feel my body convulsing and shaking. The pain is unbearable and too much for me to sleep through now. I can hear the guys around me, uttering words of encouragement. It's not helping though. Won't they just put me out of my misery? I would welcome death now. I suddenly feel my bones all break at once, my muscles tearing, and I snap my eyes open as I let out a scream.

The Guys

This is it, she's going to shift, making her awakening complete. This must be a record time.

Her body is twisting and turning under the sheet, causing it to fall off to the side. Her delicate hands grip the mattress and tear holes in the sheets as her body arches far off the bed and collapses. They all know how painful this is, can hear her bones breaking, and give words of encouragement. They're silenced by her scream. There's nothing they can do for her. Her wolf needs to break free. The electricity in the room crackles, and it's all from her.

Her body shakes and rattles violently once more, her clothes tearing off, and she shifts.

The room is now silent but for the two words Gabe whispers. "Holy s***."