Found

Sang

We feel so weak.

We're following the stream that runs by the cave the guys use. That's my destination. I don't know where else to go. But soon after we entered the forest, the overwhelming need to lay down and rest came over us. We push on though and my wolf leans toward the stream to take a much needed drink. Her wobbly legs carry us to the bank and she bends her head down to lap at the cool water.

The motion is too much for her body though and we tumble in.

The shock momentarily gives us renewed energy and we wade to the other side, the water flowing around our shoulders. With great effort, she pulls us up over the bank and we lie there, exhausted.

Why do we feel this way?

I feel her own confusion over it.

I start to worry that maybe we're sick or dying for some reason.

She gives me a mental slap. Okay, we're not dying, but something's definitely wrong.

Maybe if we shift back to human form, whatever it is will heal. She pushes at me to wait. She's faster than I would be and we need to get to the cave first.

I send her feelings of encouragement as she stands, although we're completely spent and I question our ability to make it.

As if defying me, she takes off on a rickety trot.

Ethan

We lose her scent.

Owen shifts and North and I follow suit.

"She must have crossed the stream," I tell them, looking at the forest on the other side of it.

Owen nods. "I think she's headed to our cave, but why would she cross? She doesn't need to."

"You two head to the cave and I'll cross over and see if I can pick up her scent. If I find her, I'll let you know."

We quickly shift again and Owen and North run for the cave. My wolf jumps over the stream, easily clearing it. We sniff around and find it, her scent. There's an indentation in the grass where she lay down. Is she sick? Is it from using her ability? Sean said she could become weak and vulnerable.

We follow the scent, determined to find the girl that saved our son...

Sang

We can't go any farther.

Her pace slows to a crawl and eventually we're lying, exhausted, on the ground.

All I wanted to do was get away for a bit and now look at us. What a mess. My wolf feels sorry for herself too. I think she'd cry right now if she could.

She rewards me with a whimper.

I'm too tired to comfort her.

She closes her eyes and we give in to the darkness it brings...

It wakes us.

The electricity of a shifter.

One's nearby.

Is it one of the guys? We sniff at the air, the scent is from its wolf form and we don't recognize it. We start to panic. Have we somehow crossed the pack's territory? No. We haven't gone that far. Is it Levi? Is he back?

Oh god. Why didn't I think of that before?

Because I was too upset, that's why.

We force ourselves into a standing position, knowing there's no way we can defend ourselves.

The electricity gets stronger and a large brown wolf I don't recognize comes around a tree. He stops short when he sees us.

I feel a little better knowing it's not Levi.

He slowly begins to stalk forward and my wolf peels back her lips, snarling a warning.

Bluffing is our only option.

He pauses and tips his head back, letting out a howl.

We stiffen at the sound. Who's he calling? What does it mean?

Once he stops his brown eyes go black as he shudders and shifts.

My wolf sits back on her weak haunches, unable to stand any longer, then lets out a low growl, feeling hurt and anger at the shifter. Her verbal insult leaves us panting.

A naked Ethan slowly comes closer. "Sang, we've been looking for you."