Arrousal

I stand rooted, unsure what to do now.

Gabe catches my eye and gestures for me to have a seat between him and Victor. I make my way over and sit by the fire with them. Feeling a bit uncomfortable after my unintentional exhibitionism, I mutely stare at the flames. Owen and Sean sit down as well.

"So how do you like our clubhouse Sang?" Gabe nudges my arm with his elbow, grinning.

I smile at him. "It's pretty nice. Do you spend much time here?"

He shrugs. "On occasion. Our wolves like it."

"How are you feeling after your awakening?" Sean asks.

"You mean physically?"

"For starters."

"I feel... great, actually." I take a moment to focus on my body and if anything seems out of the ordinary. I chuckle inside. Nothing's ordinary about me anymore...

"Any ailments you previously had would be gone now," Sean reminds me.

I bite my lip, "I see better, and hear and smell better too."

They listen like I'm saying very important things, leaning forward and nodding. It's like they're waiting for me to reveal something...

"You're wondering if I have an ability like my grandmother, aren't you?"

They all look at Owen. "Yes," he says. "There's a good chance you do, but we don't have any experience with a female shifter and not much is known about the awakening process regarding those with abilities."

"Did their abilities show right off?" Now I'm worried I could have one. Just another thing to add to my suddenly strange and frightening life. "How do I know if I have one?" My stomach flops.

I feel comforting electricity surround me. Owen. "I'm not sure," he admits. "It may be time to let the Academy know about you, at least one of the elders there. He may be able to offer some insight."

"He's going to want to meet her." Sean says.

"Probably." Owen and Sean share a look.

"Man it'd be cool if you have an ability," Luke says. "But we'll keep you, even if you don't." He gives me a wink that makes me blush.

Gabe pulls me in for a quick side hug, "I'm f****** awesome and don't have any tricks up my sleeves. Well, not that kind anyway," he grins.

"I don't think I want an ability," I tell them. "Look at what happened to my grandparents because of it."

"What happened to them was because other people were bad." Kota says. "Not because of Ellasanglyn's ability."

"And you have a bad a** pack to protect you." Silas winks.

"Damn straight," North growls.

"What happened to the shifter... that bit me?" I've been wanting to know.

"He's gone." Nathan says.

"Gone... dead?" I croak.

"I wish," Silas mumbles.

"He's joined back with his pack and they took off up north," Victor tells me.

I stare into his amazing eyes, the way they smolder. Everything else is forgotten for a moment while I gaze at him. He's so incredibly handsome and kind. When he looks at me, I feel like the most important person in the world. My body heats, but not from embarrassment. It's similar to when I was with Owen earlier. I feel my eyes warm and they're transfixed on Victor's as his turn black. As I lean toward him, I hear a low rumble in his chest.