3. They don't know

After that day, the 4 lads started hanging out with each more. On the lunch time, they would sit together and chat, sometimes they would cuddle into their best friends' chests while having their lunch or sometimes even gasp loudly when Harry would say that he wanted to tell them a new joke he made. But other than that, the four of them were having a good time with each other. Without Liam and Louis knowing that Zayn and Harry's feelings for them growing more and more with each passing day.

There were times when Zayn would think why Louis would blush when Liam would plant a kiss on his cheeks. There also was times when Harry would think that why Liam would choke on his food causing Louis to smirk evil. But both Zayn and Harry brush it off thinking it was a friendly gesture.

Life had suddenly become all rainbows for both Zayn and Harry, and both of them were loving it.

"Zee, do you think I sh-should tell Liam about my feelings tomorrow? Y-You know, since it's Louis' b-birthday? Oh my God, just thinking about it making me so nervous. No, I'm not gonna do it.",  Harry said, burying his face into Zayn's chest making Zayn ran his fingers through his curls while laughing softly.

They were in the middle of their bed. Yes, they shared Zayn's king size bed since there is more room for both of them. Both of them lived in a shared one room apartment. Both of them wanted to save some money since college was kinda expensive and both of them didn't want to be a bother to their parents who were also best friends with each other like their sons.

"You know Haz, I was thinking the same thing. I mean, it's Louis' birthday, what more special occasion I need to tell him about my feelings? But I'm scared Haz.", Zayn said, sadly.

"Aww Zaynie. Don't worry, everything's going to be fine. We could tell them after the dinner. Besides, I wanna see what Liam has to gift Louis. Let's see if Liam can beat your gift this year.", Harry said cheekily making Zayn smile. He continued, "Though, I highly doubt that, 'cause your gift was the best Zaynie.". Harry squealed and hugged him tightly.

This year, on his birthday, Zayn had gifted him a a photo book full of photos and there was written a short note on the memories that was related with those pictures. From their first selfie with each other in High school, where they made silly faces, to their last selfie before Harry's birthday where they were baking cupcakes with flour all over their smiling faces.

"I'm glad you liked it Hazz",Zayn said placing a kiss on Harry's forehead making him giggle.

"I loved it Zee.", he said, snuggling more close to his best friend.

Then, there fell a comfortable silence.

"Let's do it Zee, together, like always. If anything happens, we will have each other. Right?", Harry said, now looking up to Zayn from his sleeping position.

"Of course Hazz, I'll be there with you, always. Remember? Together, forever?", Zayn said, holding out his pinky. Harry giggled and joined his pinky with his best friend's. "Together forever.", he replied.

And then, both of them drifted off to a peaceful sleep in each other's arms.

***

The next evening, the two friends found themselves outside Louis' apartment, with a big beautifully wrapped gift which Zayn was holding from the one side and Harry from the other. Zayn was wearing his usual attire, blue jeans, white rolling stones t-shirt with a leather jack over it, whereas, Harry was wearing his skin tight black jeans with a green button down shirt. Both smiling nervously at each other then with a nod from Harry, Zayn finally rang the door bell. They could hear shuffling from the other side. Then after sometimes, Liam welcomed the both with a smile and a warm hug, not noticing Harry's burning cheeks and led them both to Louis' living room where he was sitting, smiling goofy. The whole apartment was shining with Christmas lights and birthday balloons.