10. Birthday

Tip toeing, Zayn entered their bedroom and smiled at the sight. There he was, writing something on the notebook, with concentration, sitting on their bed. Books scattered messy around him. He silently went behind Harry without him noticing and tapped on his shoulder lightly, making Harry turn around, a pen on his mouth.

Harry quickly took out the pen from his mouth and smiled sadly at Zayn, and Zayn swear, his heart broke at that sight.

"Zayn, you here?", he asked softly. Zayn  smiled softly in return.

"Why? I mean, not that I'm complaining, but you know, we have been distant to each other and all.", smiling sadly Harry turned around and looked down to his notebook again, to hide the tears threatening to spill.

And that's when the alarm rang on Zayn's phone which was in his hand, blasting the Happy Birthday song.

Zayn came and sat behind him on the bed and wrapped his arms around him. He then placed a soft kiss on his mop of curls and mumbled a "Happy Birthday Hazza" in them, making Harry cry. He didn't try to stop the tears this time.

Zayn slowly came in front of him, on his knees. He wiped away the tears from his cheeks then cupped his face in his hands, making Harry cry more.

"I-I am sorry Hazza", Zayn said, his eyes becoming teary as well.

"W-why Z-Zayn? Wh-why did you d-distanced himself fr-from me? Y-you s-said t-together f-forever.", Harry said through his sobs.

Zayn's heart broke. He didn't knew, distancing himself from Harry would hurt him so much. He let the tears roll down his cheeks.

"I-I am so sorry Harry. I-I missed you t-too.", Zayn said through tears.

"Th-then why?", Harry's eyes pleaded for a answer.

"I-I had my reasons. Wh-why didn't you stop me Hazza?", Zayn whispered, joining their foreheads.

"I-I was scared",  Harry whispered. "What reasons?"

"I was scared too.",Zayn admitted.

"For wh-what?", Harry whispered. Their breaths mixing with each other.

Zayn looked into Harry's green eyes then closed his own. It's now or never.

"For this", with that Zayn sealed his lips with Harry's. At first Harry was shocked then relaxed instantly. Their lips moved in perfect synchronization. They kissed and kissed and kissed not even stopping once to breathe and God, dud they miss each other and each other's lips.

But they eventually had to pull away, lips still hovering over another. They didn't know when the books fell from the bed while kissing 'cause when they opened their eyes, the books were no more on the bed, along with the t-shirts on their bodies, making both of them giggle.

Then there fell silence in the room.

"I like you Harry. I've started developing feelings for you and that's why I had distanced myself from you. I thought, the feelings would go away and we would be back to normal like before. But it's not. Hell, it hurts Harry. It hurts so much not to hold you every now and them, not to see your smile, not see you snuggling up to me every now and then, yo hear your giggles.  And I have realized, I can't ignore this feelings anymore Harry. I like you, hell,  I-I t-think, I-I l-love you", Zayn said, eyes still closed scared of seeing Harry's reaction. But when he heard Harry's beautiful laugh, he can't help but opened his eyes and there, he met with the most gorgeous green eyes ever, glistening with happiness.

Harry cupped his cheeks and said, "You know, we are the biggest fools ever." And placed a sloppy kiss on a shocked Zayn's lips.

"I-Is th-that means..", Zayn asked eyes wide.