Danger In Love: Distrust

((Hey guys i'm back, Sorry this chapter is short, but trust me there is more to come in the next one! :) ))

The next day, after both men had woken up, they decided to go to a diner and get breakfast. It was the same small diner they went to when first meeting, when they first made the deal. Mark sits across from Jack, who seemed slightly nervous, slightly jumpy. Mark watches him closely, studying his every jerky motion.

"Hey Jack, you ok?"

Mark asks finally after a little while, Jack looks up quickly and flashes a smile at the man, which seemed strained.

"Yep, totally fine, just tired is all."

Jack responds quickly. Mark watches him, clearly not believing the man's reasoning, but he drops it for now. In a few seconds the waitress comes over, and it happened to be the same one from their first meeting, giving quite a déjà vu effect. The waitress seemed to remember the rudeness of Jack from before as she looked at him with a slight glare when asking for their orders.

"I'll just take an omelet and a black coffee."

Jack says, actually seeming a bit polite this time which clearly surprised the waitress. She nods and scribbles it down on the small notepad before looking to Mark.

"I'll have the same."

Mark says with a small smile towards the waitress. The waitress seems to blush and nods writing his order down with a small flirty giggle and scurrying away.

"Quite the lady killer aren't ya?"

Jack says as Mark turns back towards him, a small teasing smirk on Jack's lips. And Mark thinks he can even see a small tint of jealousy in his blue eyes though it could be Mark's imagination.

Mark shrugs slightly tilting his head at the man with a small smile.

"I suppose... though none of them really interest me."

He says shrugging slightly again. Jack nods a bit and turns his head slightly to look out the window, his smile faded and his twitchy movements returning. Mark opens his mouth to ask if he was alright again before he shakes his head and closes his mouth, deciding to just leave it alone. As he studies the man, thoughts from the night before litter his mind, about the USB. Why had Jack had all that information?

Mark thinks on this as their food arrives, the waitress throwing a flirty smile in Mark's direction once again though he ignores her uttering a soft thank you when she sets the food down.

The men eat, not much conversation between the two. Soon they finish up, and stand up. Mark pays the bill, and they walk out. Jack first and Mark close behind.

As they are walking down the sidewalk it is silent, no one is around but the two of them. Jack walks a bit ahead of Mark who keeps his head down, in thought. After a little while Mark looks at the green haired man who walked, still slightly jumpy.

"Hey Jack... can I ask you some-"

Mark begins before he feels a sharp pain in his neck his vision blurring after a few seconds. He leans against the nearest wall to support himself, his legs now wobbly and barely holding him up. He soon falls landing roughly on the concrete and looks up, his vision unfocused and blackening around the edges, threatening for him to lose consciousness.

He looks up seeing Jack had stopped walking and now stands in front him, across from a man, the man wore a simple suit and had black hair, so dark it almost seemed there was a bluish tint to it. The man spoke to Jack, but Jack's blue eyes never left Mark as he slowly lost consciousness, everything soon going black.