Chained.

The clock in my head clicked to seconds that were possibly off, causing nothing but agitation and boredom to me. I wasn't sure how much time passed, just that I couldn't keep still and was moving about the room. There was a small puddle at the corner of the room, gathering slowly and loudly.

It's cold... and raining, so it's still spring... Maybe.

I moved from my spot and stood before one of the mirrored walls. Examining it.

A mirror... Why?

I avoided looking at my reflection. I was a mess.

Hair untamed and wildly curled from all the moving about on the bed and as well of not having been properly brushed. My face– oh don't get me started on my face. Let's just say my skin a bit lighter than before, with dark circles under my eyes and a few red bumps protruding on my cheeks. All due to stress and the sleepless nights.

And though, I was stuck in an annoying silence, minus the plopping of water from the ceiling, my stomach growled intensely, warning me of the hunger I suffered and the taunting food that sat on the floor close by.

"Shut up." I responded to the betraying organ.

I couldn't risk getting drugged again.

Seems like I'm losing my mind– I'm talking to myself aloud now...

I frowned, eyes glaring at the reflection of the food behind me.

Reflection... Mirror! Right!

My attention went back to examining the mirror, what I originally came to do.

I crouched down, my bottom hovering over the ground with arms folded over my knees.

Why mirrors? What is its importance to being in the same room as me.

My eyes trailed the edges, slowly following it until it stopped by the door.

The hole...

I squinted my eyes at the rectangular opening at the bottom of the door. I gasped.

A hole! Why am I so stupid?!

I scrambled towards it.

With not a single care about anything else, I laid on the cold floor, head pressing up against the opening.

What if I get my head stuck through here?

I halted my actions, fear filling me.

I don't want to get stuck under a door.

Quickly, I pulled away and shook my head.

No, I can just use my hands to feel around and see if nothing bites my arm off.

I gulped at my thought.

Why did I just think that! Now I really don't want to do this.

No!

Just do it.

Monsters don't exist.

There's nothing to fear.

I shook myself before bringing my arm to the door.

It trembled as it neared the hole.

Taking another deep breathe, I pushed my dark thoughts away and jammed my hand through the opening. I hissed in slight pain when my fingers met with a rough structure.

My fingertips hovered over it and quickly, my eye was looking under as well.

A wall... There's a wall.