Murders

"Alright, just go home and put an ice pack on your nose and the swelling will go down and also, don't forget to get some rest, it looks like your beginning to get a fever. But other than that, you should be fine." The nurse said as she examined my aching nose and my temperature. I nodded as I got off the bed and exited the office where I looked around for the guy. He was nowhere in sight and concluded that he must've went to class. I shrugged and headed back to my locker where I place everything inside and headed home empty handed.

My head snapped towards a car that was familiar. 'Isn't that dad's car?' I shrugged as I began to kick the pebbles in my path to distract myself from everything. My mind was in a bit of a frenzy about the guy I saw, from the looks of it, he seemed to be staring or glaring at something intently, and it somehow made me frightened a bit, but he was really nice to me and took me to the nurse's. I shook my head of the thought and made my way into my house.

As I stepped into my room, I stopped mid step as I saw it. There, laying on my bed was a red rose. My eyes widened as I took the flower and examined it. It was really pretty but it creeped me out that someone was in my room laying it there on my bed when I was or wasn't home. I grimaced at the thought as I went to get a vase for it. 'It was probably just my parents since I saw their car not long ago.' I concluded and nodded as I held the flower to my nose, smelling it. What could I say, I was a sucker for flowers.

"There." I softly said as I looked at the flower that adorn my dresser with my stuffed bear my parents bought me a long time ago. I smiled at this but felt lightheaded. "Shoot!" I muttered as I began to undress and put on my pajamas and climbed into my bed. The thought of someone being in my room when I wasn't here came across my mind and I quickly ran out of my room, locking every door and window in the house. It didn't matter if it was my parents, it unnerved me and angered me. I didn't like them always buying me things to show me their 'love' for me.

"Done!" I muttered to myself as I was now locking the door of my room and settled into bed. The sun shined through my window and I sighed as I walked over to it and pulled both the shade and curtain, darkening my room. Satisfied, I flopped onto my bed and took a nap.

I felt drained and cranky as I got out of bed and headed to the kitchen to eat some cereal.

I quietly sat down on the wooden chair and squeaked as the TV in the kitchen turned on. I looked around frantically and sighed in relief as I felt the remote on my seat. I muttered curses at the device as I reached for it under me.

Deciding not to turn it off, I listen to the news and began to eat my cereal.

I froze as I read the headlines, "Three high school girls found dead." I stared at the TV with shock as they showed the pictures of my bullies. My heart raced as I intently listened. "The three girls were found dead after school in an abandoned parking lot where they were stabbed multiple times and the killer seemed to cut their cheeks to make a wide smile. It also seems that the killer made a few incisions on the girls and it is believe to be read as 'Bullies' and 'Whores.' The culprit is still unknown but it is known that he has been involved in the same murder cases. Police are investigating to capture the culprit as soon as possible-" I shut off the TV and began to tremble, I knew that it had to be the work of 'Him'. As if on cue, my phone began to buzz on the table and I shakily reached for it but snapped my hand back as I was afraid to look at my phone.

The buzzing seemed to continue for minutes which turned into what seemed like hours. I was scared as hell and did the only thing that came to mind, threw my phone across the room. The buzzing stopped and I slowly went towards it only to see it begin to buzz once again. I screamed as I hastily grabbed it and threw it with brute force towards the stone counter, shattering in millions of pieces.

I was breathing heavily and decided to take a shower. The warm water pelted against my naked skin as I stood under it, daring my mind of any worries and problems I had. When my skin began to shrivel up, I got out and slowly put on my clothes. I paused my movements when I heard scuffles outside the bathroom door. Waiting for the sound to continue, I continued to slide up pajama shorts as the house was its quiet self. I inwardly smiled at the thought, no more creepy texts, no more reminders of my parents buying my love when I looked at the phone, but I did feel stupid. I could have just destroyed the phone earlier and I wouldn't have to deal with the fear I had the past weeks, but instead I was stupid enough to not do it. Maybe I could live back to how I use to live, I smiled at the though and exited the bathroom in a cheerful mood and entered my room.

As I stepped in, I was hit, hard, in the back of my head.