Chapter 2

<<<APHMAU'S POV>>>

The whip contacted to my bare back and it echoed through the basement. Not only did that echo throughout the basement but so did my screams of pain. Dad was extremely merciless, AS I wasN'T home ready for a beating.

"YOU STUPID IDIOT! I EXPECT YOU TO BE IN THIS HOUSE WHEN I GET BACK! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!" Dad roared.

Whip after whip after whip. Tears of pain were streaming down my face. Eventually, he grew breathless and stopped. I had so dearly hoped that he was going to end it there, but no...Dad swung me round and whipped my stomach and chest. More blood curling screams filled the dark dirty basement but it was worse when he hit my lower stomach, collarbone, cheekbone and rib cage.

"P-Please...stop." I whispered as I was fading in and out of consciousness.

He noticed that I was about to pass out and unshackled me from my hanging posture, so I just fell like a lifeless corpse to the dirty bloodied stone floor. My vision was blurring and blood flowed freely from the whip marks.

"Get to bed, you freak!" Dad spat.

He left me on the floor stripped down to nothing but my undergarments. Blood was flowing out of the whip slashes slowly but in vast amounts.

"Please...someone...help." I whispered helplessly.

Sleep was beginning to sound like complete paradise. Despite my best efforts to get up, I just couldn't and I greeted darkness no longer putting up a fight to stay awake.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! GET UP, YOU STUPID IDIOT!"

Huh? My vision was blurry; I couldn't take in my surroundings. Nothing seemed clear to me, nothing was being clear to me at all.

"GET UP, YOU UGLY POTATO!"

This time the voice was clearer than last time.Dad was standing over me glaring in pure anger whilst I looked up in confusion and fear. What happened? How long was I out?

"YOU ARE SUCH A DISGRACE! YOU WEAK STUPID LITTLE GIRL! YOU MISSED A DAY OF SCHOOL!" My Dad raged.

My eyes widened in shock. I've been out all night and day missing school?! Oh no, Ivy and her gang plus the Shadow Knights are not going to be happy. Dad started kicking me, despite me begging for him not to torture me and put me through any further pain. Tears were falling down my face, I could no longer scream. He became breathless after a while and just left.

"Ngh..." I groaned in pain.

I couldn't feel my ankle. It felt swollen, painful yet numb. My eyes trailed down to my ankle; it's swollen like a balloon and already bruising. How in Irene's name am I going to walk? Great, it's bad enough what I will probably get pushed around at school by my bullies. After what felt like hours, I managed to get up the stairs from the basement and up another flight of stairs to my room. I locked the door behind me and just laid down on the moldy damp floorboard in tears and a pool of my own dried blood that was beginning to reform with fresh blood. I looked at my scarred wrists; I have scars from self harm but there are also a couple fresh ones.

"You want the relief. You need the relief. You crave the relief. Just give in."

I listened to the manipulative voice in my head, I did indeed give into it. With the last drop of strength, I dragged myself across the hall to the bathroom. Once again, I locked the door behind me and sat myself down in the bathtub. I have no strength to keep myself up, I will just fall down and anger Dad with noise...I don't want anymore beatings not today, I don't want them anyway.

"Get the razor, you need it. Get the razor and cut your wrists and thighs. You know full well that no one cares about you anyway."

After hearing that, I took the razor and popped out the blade. I hovered the blade above my wrist and gulped.

"You know, you could always just...get it over with."

I took a breath. The voice is right, I could...I could end my suffering now! But...I'm terrified of death, maybe it's a quick painless death...? I know that bleeding out isn't painless though, I shook my head and just cut. I cut and cut and cut as the voice in my head was encouraging and egging me. After I had filled my wrists and thighs with cuts, I stopped and watched the blood slowly begin to seep out of my sliced skin.

"Now you had best hide those cuts, you don't want teachers and the police involved. Just imagine what your Daddy would do to you..."

I just lay in the bathtub as blood flowed out from my sliced skin onto the once pure white bathtub. My eyes were closing but I knew full well that I couldn't stay in the bathtub. As carefully as I could, I climbed out the bathtub and dragged myself onto my crusty old mattress. I couldn't stay awake no longer, I just faded into the darkness.

"APHMAU PHOENIX! IF YOU MISS ANOTHER DAY OF SCHOOL, I'LL TORTURE YOU FOR DAYS ON END!" Dad roared on the other side of my bedroom door.

I mentally groaned. Well it's Wednesday only a couple more days to go...but I can't stand. I really can't...what am I going to tell Dad...? I will just have to pull through...I crawled out of the room and into the bathroom. I got ready and winced in pain as I got dressed. Slowly and carefully, I hauled myself up and I somehow managed to keep myself on my feet.

"Time to try and walk..." I muttered.

I took one step and fell to the floor. Luckily the counter was beside me so I caught myself; I have to go to school, I have to! I can't just avoid it! Whether I'm in pain or not! After fifteen minutes of practising to walk, I finally got the hang of it and left. I grabbed my phone and backpack leaving before I go any more further abuse from my Dad. Rain began to fall and I sighed in relief. Now I can cry away my pain in the rain.

"Never cry in front of people, it's a sign of weakness. Well you are already weak, but don't make yourself look weaker!"

In shame, I looked at the ground. I really am weak...everyone I have ever met has called me weak. Time for a day of bullying at school...I'll never get one day without bullying, that's for sure. Miracles never happen for me only bad things happen to me.

********************************************

Hi guys! 😊 I really don't know when the next update is, I have my other books too. I am going to do another chapter, just to leave it at that until I can update again 😊 It would be pretty rubbish, if there was one introduction and one chapter and you are dying to read more 😭 Anyway, guys! I hope you enjoyed ☺️

#CrazyAarmauShipper

Leah'xo