Chapter 15

<<<APHMAU'S POV>>>

When I got home, I was an utter wreck. Barely getting through the door before falling weakly. It's way past seven thirty, I couldn't make it the whole way and Zane said he didn't want to disturb my rest as I was healing up; I take ages to heal up because I don't get enough protein in my diet. Someone bumped into me and I went crashing to the ground. I landed on my wrist and my Irene, it killed.

"Wait, it's you!"

I groaned, can't I just catch a break? It was Lucinda, the girl from the sleepover. I pulled myself up on the wall, she looked at me in suspicion.

"Katelyn's been trying to get in contact with you." She said.

"M-My phone isn't working." I lied.

She stared at me and I turned away, making my way back home. Lucinda was on a jog but why jog around this neighbourhood? It's a wreck and all the crime happens here, I got home and Dad wasn't home. There was a note.

Please make some dinner for when I get in, I have left money on the counter, just make me anything

Great, now I have to walk to the grocery store and that's about fifteen minutes away! Great, just my damn luck! I decided to take off my mask and looked in the mirror, I have a bit of a cut on my left cheek that has scabbed over, four scars: one about my right eyebrow, one on my right cheekbone that is very faint, one at the top of my lip to the right and another on the left side of my face.

"Don't I have some make-up somewhere?" I muttered.

I walked up the stairs and into my closet. After Mom left, I lost interest in a lot of my birthday stuff. My Mom got my eye-shadow, blusher and lip gloss. When I was little, I was always pinch my Mom's liquid foundation. She didn't wear it much so there was a lot in the bottle. I grabbed my phone and searched in YouTube a video for make-up tutorials.

"Wow." I gasped as I looked in the mirror.

My face looked flawless and perfect. You can't see the scars anymore, the scabbed cut on my cheekbone was covered. This is amazing!

"Thank Irene for make-up." I gasped.

I looked at my mask. Do I put it back on? I mean, you can't see the scars anymore or my injuries that were visible.

"It's time to make a change!" I smiled slightly.

Just to be safe I put my mask on, I'll take it off when I get to the store. You never know when you need it, it could be useful! I made it after a while and took off my mask, this feels great! I got the groceries I needed and I reached for the fridge door to get the fries but someone else's hand touched mine at the same time. I turned my head, it was a blushing Lycan.

"H-Huh?!" I exclaimed in shock.

"I-I'm so sorry! I was just getting some fries and I touched your hand, I-I'm sorry!" He rambled.

Okay, Aph. Play it cool! Don't act weird even if you hate him. No one can know of what happens at home; Dad'll torture me until I lose my sanity...he had drove me into deep depression and I was very suicidal. I couldn't speak for weeks, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't concentrate, I couldn't even do an expression that wasn't emotionless. It broke me mentally; it was the one time I fought back. My Irene, I regret it so much...

*Flashback*

"Why do you abuse me...? What did I ever do to you?!" I cried.

He kicked me in the stomach causing me to cough violently. He was glaring at me, he was mad.

"You're the reason that Sylvana left me is why!" He yelled in frustration.