Chapter 24

<<<APHMAU'S POV>>>

Zane wouldn't look up. I looked at him sadly, poor Zane. He clearly misses me...maybe I should tell him that it's me? Maybe it'll cheer him! I will but it has to stay between me and Zane! I'm his best friend, I know he'll keep it secret.

"Go away, Garroth." Zane sighed.

"I'm insulted, Zane." I laughed.

Even though his eyes were downcast, I could see the dullness in his eyes. He didn't reply and he kept quiet. I sat down in front of him and he looked up for a quick second.

"I know where she is and you can come with me to see her," I smiled.

He just looked at me confused and then I took his wrist gently, he didn't struggle against my grip. I brought him outside to the cherry blossom tree on the hill. He looked at me wide eyed and I could see the hope in his eyes again.

"This is where you and me come and chill." I smiled.

"H-Huh?!" He exclaimed.

I turned around for a quick second and put my mask on; I turned to Zane's direction and his jaws dropped. He started crying and jumped me in a hug, I screamed in pain and he quickly jumped off.

"Aph, what's wrong?!" Zane asked panicked.

He'd accidentally knocked in my ribs which are severely bruised. I gasped and leaned on the tree for support. Zane stood there unaware of the situation, I have to check the bruising...maybe he'll turn around?

"P-Please turn around whilst I lift up my top a bit." I begged.

He blushed but then immediately shook it off. He folded his arms and he had a serious expression on his face.

"I'm not turning around! I want to see how bad your injured." Zane refused.

"J-Just don't ask about the injury, okay?" I sighed.

Zane raised his brow. I lifted my shirt and Zane gasped; I looked down and the big blue bruise that had formed on my side. That wasn't the only thing I noticed...a rib bone was showing and twisted the wrong way.

"Oh my Irene!" Zane exclaimed.

I sucked in the air through my teeth. The throbbing in my head immediately came back and the world was spinning in fast circles. Zane was now a circle of colour.

"A-Aph, what's happening to you?!" Zane exclaimed.

I fell to my knees and curled up into a ball. Pain was coursing through me at a million miles an hour, I don't understand what's going on with me. What is this? Zane was suddenly knelt down in front of me.

"Aph, what's happened to you?" He asked as tears fell.

"I can't tell you or anyone, Zane. I'll get killed otherwise..." I whispered as I shook in fear.

"Aph, it doesn't have to be that way! My Dad, he's a cop! He can help you, I promise!" Zane said.

My eyes widened. His Dad is a cop?! I quickly jumped up and shook my head, for all I know my Dad could be watching right now! I've felt like I've been watched the entire time since I ran away and I'm not sure if it's paranoia or if I've actually been watched!

"You can't tell a soul, Zane!" I begged.

He sighed and shook his head. He sat on the floor next to me and I could see the fear, confusion, curiosity and concern in his eyes. I coughed and I could feel hot sticky liquid in my mouth; blood. Oh no...my mouth was filing with blood and I couldn't shallow it, I turned around and let it pour out my mouth and there was another shocked gasp from Zane.