Chapter 22

<<<APHMAU'S POV>>>

"K-Katelyn..." I stammered quietly.

She was bombarding Aaron with so many questions that she didn't even notice me. Maybe I could just sneak away? No, that would blow over my cover story! What can I do? I need to hide from Katelyn!

"Aphmau...I bought her to my house patched her up. There was blood all over my bed and there was blood; a ton of it running down her wrist..." Aaron gulped.

"Is she in hospital again?!" Katelyn gasped.

"No...she jumped out of my bedroom window and ran away," Aaron gulped.

"What?! We have to tell someone!" Katelyn exclaimed.

My eyes widened. They can't! Dad'll hunt me down, he might be doing it already! They'll blow my cover! What am I going to do?! What am I going to do?!

"F-FC, is everything o-okay?" I stammered.

Katelyn's attention now turned my way. Don't crack under the pressure, don't crack under the pressure!

"Wouldn't surprise me if you did, you're pathetic!"

"Well there's this girl that Katelyn is friends with called Aphmau. She was strange indeed, I knew her since kindergarten and she was always alone," Aaron commented.

I set my eyes downcast. Strange? I was hiding my abuse behind closed doors, why else would I be strange? I would have given anything to live a normal life with my Mom.

"She always wore this mask covering majority of her face, never knew why. No one ever saw her face," Aaron shrugged.

I did that to hide my scars...I nodded listening intently.

"She was beaten up by Shadow Knights and some other girls who I knew once..." Aaron gulped, setting his eyes downcast.

"Shadow Knights?" I asked.

Aaron was deep in thought and he had a hurt look on his face. What can I do? I awkwardly walked forward and gave him a hug, blushing.

"It's okay, FC." I whispered blushing fire truck red.

"FC? And you're hugging? Have I missed something here?" Katelyn asked.

I heard more gasps. It was all of Aaron's friendship group! Zane is with them too, just standing a little further away from the rest of them. I can still talk to him after all!

"Aaron, who is this?" A boy with mouse brown hair and blue eyes asked.

Me and Aaron pulled away. He introduced me to everyone here. Blond hair and blue eyes is Garroth, Zane's brother. I obviously already knew Zane! Mouse brown hair and blue eyes is Laurence and the girl with fiery orange and yellow hair and blue eyes is Cadenza, Laurence's sister. I obviously knew Katelyn, Lucinda, Teony, Kawaii~Chan and Nicole. Blue hair and blue eyes is Dante. White hair and green eyes is Travis.

"Hello, everyone! My name is Jess!" I chirped.

My new attitude was very easy to pull off surprisingly; they all welcomed me with open arms. Zane kept looking at me strangely.

"So Aaron! You haven't explained how you know this beautiful girl!" Laurence winked.

I blushed and Aaron growled. I blushed bright red and turned to Aaron who's eyes were piercing Laurence.

"She's my--" I cut him off.

"Girlfriend?!" I exclaimed quickly.

"WHAT?!" They exclaimed in shock.