Chapter 9

<<<APHMAU'S POV>>>

I sat in my usual place reading yet another book. I'm now reading Cookie by Jacqueline Wilson. She is such an amazing author! Oh my Irene, I wish I was gifted with talent like hers!

"Hey, Aphmau."

I look up and smiled; Zane. We high-fived and he sat beside me to join me reading a book too, he's reading a romance book called Love At Second Sight. I still can't believe that I have made yet another friend!

"Until you mess it up like you always do."

I shook off the voice in my head. I'm not listening to that today, I'm in too much of a good mood. We sat in silence. We have been friends for a day but it has been a bit awkward between us; he said we'll adapt to being around each other...well I hope so! My phone buzzed. I took it out and checked, it's FC!

'Hey, Shu.' - FC

'FC! How are you?!' - Shu

'Hey, hey! I'm okay, don't worry about me.' - FC

I sighed in relief. Thank Irene! I have been so worried that he hasn't been doing well...FC has been my friend for a couple years, I really want nothing bad to happen to him!

'You know I'm going to kill you when I meet you one day, right?' - Shu

'I know, Shu. I know. How has school been?' - FC

'It's actually going smoothly for once! I have a friend that I hang around with now! I haven't had a friend like this in school!' - Shu

I turned my attention back to my book, Zane sat there eating a sandwich. My stomach rumbled and I tried to stop it. He then ripped his sandwich in half and gave it to me.

"Zane, it's okay really! It's your food." I protested.

"You are taking that half of my sandwich whether you like it or not." Zane smiled stubbornly.

I gave him a weak smile and thanked him. He smiled back and continued to eat. I took a bite and oh my Irene, this sandwich! It has turkey, lettuce, mayonnaise and tomatoes. I'd seriously have a make out session with this sandwich right now! My phone went off again.

'Shu...what do you mean by you have a friend to hang around with now, you haven't had a friend like this in school and school is going smoothly for once? :/' - FC

Shoot...

'It's nothing to worry about FC!' - Shu

'Shu, you had better tell me now.' - FC

'I can't, FC. I just can't.' - Shu

'Yes, you can. Just tell me and maybe I can help you!' - FC

'FC, you don't know how my life works and you certainly can't help me, you can't stop things that are physical...you aren't here in person.' - Shu

I shook my head and continued to read my book. Zane was looking at me, observing me. This gets me snappy and irritated a lot, I snapped once at Dad for and he gave me such a beating for that.

"Zane, why are you staring?" I muttered.

He jumped. He must of thought that he didn't realise that he was staring at me. Wrong, I always have my guard up no matter what...I won't be fooled again.

"You keep going pale, well from the bits of skin that I can see on your face anyway." He commented.

I haven't ever taken my mask off. I don't want to take it off...I can't...I have way too much to worry about. Katelyn didn't see my face either, she has no clue what I look like. Maybe it could be a benefit one day?