Chapter 14

<<<APHMAU'S POV>>>

Pain...I'm in pain and numb. Dad was drunk out of his mind, nothing new. That party did indeed last quite a while which really didn't surprise me; he's had parties that have lasted more than three days before...I hate him and his dodgy friends!

"Get up."

I looked up at my Dad. He was angry, very angry. Weakly, I pushed myself up and wasn't successful. My body went limp and I was back to lying on the ground.

"You have school, now get up!" He growled raising his voice.

"I-I'll be up...j-just give me time to get up," I whimpered.

He growled but walked away. It took a while but I was up on my feet, I dragged myself up the stairs from my imprisonment and torture slowly making my way to my bathroom. To my misfortune, it's upstairs. I heard footsteps and I felt his eyes on me.

"What are you doing, girl? You're testing my patience!" He hissed.

"I'm trying..." I panted.

My hair was grabbed and he dragged me up the stairs, despite my crying and whimpering. He dragged me into the bathroom and left.

"At least he helped me." I muttered.

"Face it. Your Daddy, he hates you."

I don't know how but I somehow managed to get myself on my feet. This isn't good, I don't know how I can survive school in my state...then the door opened and I closed my eyes, just waiting for impact. It didn't come, there was something thrown and the door was shut again. I turned my head and saw that Dad had left me pain relief? What in Irene's name is this?! Is...my Dad starting to soften and care...about me?

"He's giving you a false sense of hope and security, I know! You're always so naive and don't want to believe it."

I shook off the voice and took some pain relief. Hopefully this doesn't take too long to kick in! I got myself ready, ignoring my fatigue and powering through as I slowly limped down the stairs and grabbed my school bag.

"Shoot, my phone!" I muttered.

I turned around and Dad was there. I jumped and fell to the floor, covering my head. Nothing came, I opened one eye and Dad was holding out my phone. I was secretly squealing and screaming inside. He cares! I hope he doesn't know that I have friends! I don't want to think about his reaction...

"T-Thank you." I stammered.

He passed me my phone and walked off into the living room grabbing his briefcase. He patted my shoulder then headed off for work.

"What's going on?" I gasped.

I checked my phone. Texts from Zane and FC! I haven't spoke to them both in a little while, I guess. I decided to answer FC first.

'Shu, you haven't been coming online recently or messaging me back. Are you okay?' - FC

Please don't tell me he has done something to himself again! I'm begging!

'Shu, I'm not going to try and commit suicide again. I jumped to conclusions like an idiot, I should have waited for your answer last time.' - FC

Thank Irene! The relief washed over me like a tsunami but...there was more one thing that I was sure of; that it'll be me to do it next...