Chapter 4

<<<APHMAU'S POV>>>

He stood in the doorway. His expression softened, is he being nice to me? No one is ever nice to me.

"Don't fall for his games, he has done this before! Don't be so naive! You'll get yourself hurt again."

I shook my head and kept my cold emotionless expression. He raised his brow at me; you can't see my pain and you can't read me, Lycan!

"I know I may be a huge jerk to you but you passed out behind the bleachers without warning!" He said full of concern.

I kept my emotionless expression and he sighed. Good, he won't succeed at breaking me ever again! He did it once when we were younger. Trust me! I'll not let that happen again, Lycan!

"I can see that you're hiding things, potato." He said now annoyed.

A scowl appeared on my face once again. He shook his head, I then went back to my emotionless expression.

"Come on! You need someone to talk to, everybody does." Lycan said softly.

He is now being soft, he did this before. I refuse to fall for his little game again! What he did to me was horrible! It was back in kindergarten...

*Flashback*

Another ordinary day at school for me; name calling, shoves, children pointing at me etc. Even though, I was little I understood more than other kids at school. People always chose me to be their victim. One day the most popular boy in the school, Aaron Lycan approached me and I kept my head down keeping quiet.

"Hey, are you okay?"

I wasn't...my Dad was beating me brutally that week because I accidentally smashed a glass when I was told to make him orange juice. I didn't reply.

"You are too quiet. How will you make friends like that?" He asked.

"I don't need friends! They just drag me down." I replied coldly.

He stared at me, I couldn't tell the emotion in his expression nor his eyes. Normally, I'm very good at reading people. He held his hand out.

"I can change the way you see friends," He smiled widely.

A chance to have my first friend and I took it, only that week I didn't plan on him humiliating me in front of the whole school...I grabbed my book and sat at the table where I usually sat at alone. There was a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see Aaron with his usual friends, the popular kids.

"Y-Yes?" I stammered.

He took a few cans of fizzy juice and poured them all over me. I gasped and looked at him, tears welled in my eyes. The whole lunch hall laughed at me.

"I hate you, Lycan! How could you?! I trusted you!" I whispered only so I could hear.

*Flashback*

I didn't notice the tears and luckily he was looking outside of the recovery room window to outside. Quickly, I dried the tears and continued to suck on my piece of chocolate. I choked on my orange juice when I saw the terrifying person in the doorway. Dad?!

"Dad...?" I questioned hiding my terror as best I could.

"Aphmau, my sweet daughter! Are you okay?! The nurse called and I rushed here!" He said.

Just an act...I wished so badly that it was genuine but it's not...it never will be. When I get home, he is going to beat me until I pass out no doubt...