Chapter 27

<<<APHMAU'S POV>>>

The formal dance was filled with hyperactive teens, music, smiles, laughs and happiness. All the girls had hit the dance floor whilst I stayed at the table, I've never danced before in my life...

"Hey, Jess! Why aren't you dancing with the girls?" Aaron asked.

"I-I've never danced before..." I whispered as I blushed in embarrassment.

"You haven't?! Have you been living in a cave?" He joked.

My face fell. Before the basement became my place of torture, it was my Dad's man cave as he called it. Me and him would build things together all the time together...

"Jess? Are you okay?" Aaron asked.

I smiled weakly and nodded. He took my hand and guided me to the dance floor as a much slower song came on; he placed his hand on my hip and the other took my hand, my free hand went to his shoulder.

"Just take it slow and kind of go in a circle with your feet," Aaron smiled.

I nodded my head in understandingly. I just followed his feet I mean, I stepped on them once or twice but I got the hang of it eventually! I looked up and our eyes locked together everything disappeared. His black eyes twinkled in the light and his smile full of happiness and compassion. This is the moment!

"Aaron, I...I--" I was cut off.

"Now it's time to announce this dance's King and Queen!" Principal Chad cheered.

Chatter erupted the room. Well that moment just got ruined! The valets were being counted and Aaron went to get us both a drink.

"Attention everyone! We now have all the valets counted and this dance's King is...Aaron Lycan!" Principal Chad clapped.

Aaron went up to the stage and he smiled politely. People clapped and cheered for him. Who's the Queen this year? Principal Chad put the King's crown on Aaron's head.

"And the Queen is...Lily White!" Principal Chad clapped.

I froze. Her?! She flipped her hair and looked straight at me with a vile smirk. She got up to the stage and the Queen's tiara was placed on her head.

"Kiss!" Ivy cheered.

I gasped. The crowd began to cheer that too and Aaron protested.

"I have a g--" Lily cut him off by kissing him.

My heart shattered into pieces and tears folded down my face. I ran through the crowd with tears down my face, is this what Dad felt when Mom left? I stood by the school gates crying my eyes out.

"Well well well, now that was a show!"

I gasped in shock. No! No! No! How did he find me?! I was frozen on the spot.

"Hurts doesn't it? When the person you love leaves you?" He hissed.

I could see the pain in his eyes. Even if it wasn't the nicest way, Dad was opening to up me sort of? He shook his head and glared at me.

"You'll pay for running away from me!" He hissed.

<<<THIRD PERSON POV>>>

Zack pulled out a handkerchief that was dosed in chlorophyll. Aphmau gasped and as she was about to scream for help, Zack wrapped his arms around her and kept the handkerchief firm in front of her nose and mouth. Inside, Zane was worried as he saw that Aphmau was no where to be seen.

"Where did Jess go?" Zane asked.

"She ran off, we're about to go looking for her." Aaron cut in.