Ch 8: Run, run, run!

Xander

I stared at the picture on her portfolio. Everything about this girl was written down in those few pages. Nathaniel did a great job investigating her life, but I didn't understand what was so special about her. He spent a few months in the human world, allegedly to get more information about her, before she was taken.

Name: Larissa Devin

Age: 22

Specie: Human

Blood type: 0 negative

My eyes roamed over the paper, scanning the basic information. She had taken the anti-sense serum. She consumed the "sleep-toxic" more than once. A few days ago.. It was already out of her system. It didn't matter though. The anti-sense serum only worked for those who weren't as experienced with humans. I smelled her blood a mile away, so chemistry in human blood didn't exactly work for me.

Black hair, green eyes; still somehow blue to me, plump lips in the darkest shade of pink, and skin as smooth and as pale as silk. That was what Lara was in everyone else's eyes. Just that.. The edges and curves on her body made her catch everyone's eye. And they saw an attractive woman. A pretty face. Seductive eyes. I on the other hand saw something so much more.

Her perfect physics made me stare, but the way she thought was a mystery to me. I wanted to know. I wanted her to tell me. I wanted to learn how to read her. Because when I looked into her eyes, all I saw was shining blues, a shade of emerald, and a spark of mystery that blocked everything for me. It was that mystery that gave me the urge to know more, and that effect of need I somehow felt the minute my eyes landed on her. A had to find out what was so special about her.

Everything about her was supposed to be in the papers, but I only had the last few months of her life written down. And something was urging me to know more. Something about her.. Something that reminded me of Dalia. The same reason that changed my mind. The same reason why I didn't mind her disobedience. The things they said about her.. None of them mattered.

I thought, perhaps I would regret it. Perhaps I would end up hurting her, or simply getting bored of her. That's what I wanted. That's what I was expecting from myself. I wanted to. I did.. I wanted to give the girl up, 'cause another slave was not what I needed at that point. But something inside me told me to wait. Something wasn't letting me and I couldn't fucking understand why.

There were a few female names mentioned in her portfolio, about her life in the past few months. And then I saw a Max.

Max, Max, Max... The name was mentioned way to much. I rose from my chair, putting the papers down on the table. It had only been 30 minutes since I left her in her room, but something in my stomach didn't feel right. I knew how to get a hold of myself, how to handle things, but I was curious. I was way too curious about this girl. How she made it, why wasn't her family mentioned, how her voice sounded, how the expressions on her face changed...

Maybe it was simply that curiosity that urged me to buy her. Maybe I just wanted to know what it was that reminded me of Dalia so much.

So, my legs moved on their own. I walked towards the door, wanting to see her again, to ask her, to hear that voice again. I barely heard her speak before. And I didn't like it. A part of me unconsciously wanted to hear her fiery. A fierce that would give me a reason to teach her. To discipline her. To lead her into this world the way she was supposed to be lead. My pet. Pretty and perfect. But all I got from Lara was silence.