Ch 66: Family

Lara

The morning sun seemed to had found its way through the curtains and brushed its rays across my face.. I closed my eyes, inhaling the sweet rosy scent of the previous bath. It was not as early as I usually woke up, and that wasn't the only reason why that morning seemed so different.

It was special in a way. In many ways actually. I was married. To Xander. I was a bride just the previous night when we swore we would be with one another till death divides us. Never in my life would I had thought that I would ever say such words to someone.. With someone.. Mostly because I didn't believe in love. Not after everything that happened when I was a child. Not when I never felt any kind of love, nor could I remember the one I did.

Bur it was different now. Everything was different. I met my true self and I met the man that I was supposed to end up with. It was fate really. We did refuse to see it as such, because the reasons of those that wanted us together, those witches, they were completely wrong. All of their reasons were wrong. But together, with Xander, everything felt right.

From the very beginning, when I first saw him, when I first met him, the man that he was, the monster everyone feared.. I felt wrong with myself for ever being allured to him. But in all that darkness, there was the spark of goodness that only I could take out of him. I could and I did. And he was mine now, and I was his, for the rest of our lives.

No, the thought didn't fear me.. The thought that once gave me a rush of anxiety and panic was now the only thing I could think of, to be with someone I loved for the rest of my life.. The rest of our eternity together. It filled my soul in a way I didn't understand. I knew I never would grow to understand, but what it mattered was.. It mattered that with him, I felt safe. I felt most like myself when in his arms.

And that morning, I had no clue how we got out of the bed.. But there I was, well fed, bathed in roses and completely lost in the sight of my husband, the Lord of the North, roaming around the room and starting his day.. Of course, as always, already working..

It was a strange thing, to see a man so organized. In my experience, no one I had met was more of a perfectionist than Xander was. He had his bad days when he was yelling at all his staff and bombarding them orders.. But those days were over now that we were together.

He was simply walking around the room, with his shirt half buttoned and his phone on his ear, yes, once again throwing around harsh orders to whoever it was that was on the other line.. But somehow in a different fashion. He was more calmed.. More soothed than he was in the past week, after we had found out about the hex that was cast on me..

I refused to think about it.. To check or to worry still. No, I simply say on the bed and observed him walk around the room. The thoughts in my head weren't so ordered, but they were calmed. They were about of this large man of ripped muscles and robust nature, intimidating in every way, harsh in every way, with sharp features and cold eyes.. A glare in them that softened only at the sight of me.. A green that turned warm when they look at me.

Tingles ran through my stomach at the thought of his love for me.. His desire for me. He was the one that ran the whole of Red Hawk, that controlled properties and households, towns and cities, yet ready to fall at my feet if I wished so.

It was incredible to have this powerful vigorous man melt at the sight of me, weak and vulnerable in my arms when I gave him pleasure. He had once told me that he had never allowed anyone, let alone a woman control him, in a pleasurable or any other kind of way.. And yet he let me.

That night, he let me own him as much as he did me.. He found pleasure with me, the kind that had him lost and senseless, mindless when he allowed it to control his body.. When he allowed me be the reason for the kind of pleasure and lust control his whole being. The thought made me smile.