Ch 52: Cursed by the damned

Xander

  "The spell cannot get through.. He has witches on his side, their location is blocked."

  The witch dared to say so, while I found myself rushing to kill the useless brunette that had repeated the same thing for the third time that day, yet still didn't do one job properly.

  Nathaniel stopped me by pushing me on the side, while what I truly desired at that point was to see all them witches dead because it was their fault that Lara was gone in the first place. At that point, I was barely aware of my surroundings.. Of what was going on.

  I realized that Nathaniel had me against the rough wall of the dungeons we were in, roaring something in my face like he was trying to wake me from that anger. But I could not be awaken from the block of fury and panic that controlled me for hours at that point..

  "Quit acting like you're brainless, Xander! It is not their fuckįng fault. Instead of imagining their heart in your hands, try using your head to think where that bastard could be hiding with your girl!"

  Those were some of the words he said.. The ones I managed to hear before I pushed him with the kind of strength that could've thrown him on the other side of the dungeon if he wasn't as solidly standing like a damn bull.

  "They're the ones that had wasted my time for two fuckįng hours! And I do not need useless witches. I need Lara, dammit!"

  There were four witches in the dungeons. Elliot had a coven he worked with, so he had some usual threats and advantages when it came to such things.. He was the one that found the four witches that had done nothing but try a few spells and almost died from lack of energy.

  I was pissed to the point where I was ready to rip all of their heads off and I wouldn't even notice which one it was, because the whole damn time since Lara disappeared, there seemed to be this pitch black curtain in front of my eyes.. Lightly illuminating a picture of her, tortured, hurt, even damn dead in some moments, like I was imagining the worst..

   And it seemed like a part of me was dying as well.. The darkness already gripping a part of me as strongly as to leave me breathless..

  I felt helpless. And I never felt that before. Like my hands were tied with ten tin chains, pulling me down, drowning me, while I struggled to find a way up, to release myself from that damn nightmare that that fuckįng bastard was effortlessly putting me through.

   I would be lying if I say that I wasn't imagining him in nothing but blood, dying in ten different ways at once, but a part of me couldn't even focus on revenge when every atom of my body pushed me to think about her.

   Lara.. Taken, away, just like that, snatched away from me, right under my nose. Hurt because of me. Because I took too long that night.. Because I wasn't with her that moment.. If I had finished a minute earlier, she would've been with me.

  No one would've dared coming near her, and if they did, I would've given them the kind of fate that was worse than hell.

  But I wasn't.. I wasn't there. I allowed it to happen. It was my fault.

  The only light my dark life had ever been illuminated with was taken from me within a few seconds, stolen in a way to provoke me, to make me lose my mind a thousand times.. I was going through hell and back, hell and back, over and over and damn over again, and it seemed like I was only running in circles for hours.

  I had lost my patience. But I didn't lose my hope. I was going to find him myself. I was not going to wait for a call from him. No damn way.

  "Every spell has to have some kind of a loophole.." My attention was caught by one of the witches thinking out loud. She listed a few pages through some old crap of a book. "There is one. It just requires a lot of energy." The witches looked at each other, aware that I was going to kill them if they remained useless, and found a solution. "We need something to channel."