Ch 38: Second chance

Shouting out aprilstone90 & Mangiri for definitely taking one of the highest places of being dedicated readers! Support means everything, thank you! So here's a dedication to you rockers!

  Comment on this one guys to get featured and shouted out! Hope you lil vamps will enjoy 💗

•••

Xander

There were no words to explain the things that I knew.. Assumptions that could change her life forever. No, not assumptions. Facts. Facts that I spent the whole day trying to find more information about, trying to prove them, and I found the witch to tell me the same thing she told Nathaniel. That night I knew that I had to tell her. The fear I saw in her eyes, panic from the realization of my words.. I could only imagine how damn surreal it must've sounded to her.. Hell, it sounded unbelievable to me, let alone to her..

Brianna said the same thing I did.. The Devinski bloodline had many roots, in many parts in our world. I've heard many stories about that bloodline, starting from witches, werewolf, and ending with even vampire covens..

I drank from her. I knew for fact that she was definitely not a vampire. Not even close to that.. A werewolf? No, werewolf blood tasted differently.. A witch was an option I was considering, and the only one out of three left. There were no other such being on Red Hawk, so those were the options. Yet somehow I was still left clueless, as well as Brianna. The witch couldn't figure out what Lara was since she hadn't showed any signs yet..

I got the information I needed that day, and Brianna only proved that she was useless. So I got rid of her, since the things I found out were all under threat, forced and possibly not true. Witches in the human world were damn hard to handle, and my only option was to try finding one of the powerful witches I knew back in Red Hawk that was familiar with the history of the Devinski bloodlines, so she can figure out from with one Lara came from.

Finding words to tell her was possibly one of the hardest things I had to do.. It hurt me seeing her sad, confused, scared.. It hurt harsher than a dagger in my chest knowing that I didn't have all the answers for her, and knowing that I had only left her even more confused. I promised her.. I promised that I was going to figure it out. I owed it to her.

  She never liked the world she was thrown in. I was aware of that.. Lara was intelligent. She could figure out things way too easily, way too quickly.. And to top it off I was tolerant with her.. Sometimes even too lenient with the attitude she had. I never liked when someone dared to talk back at me.. But Lara.. She knew how to draw out every damn spark of madness I had inside me, push me to the edge of completely losing my mind, and at the end of the day, I was still the one finding it hard to breathe without having her near me..

  She had tactics, or perhaps it was just the simple fact that it was her.. That breathtaking beauty that left me speechless, lost whenever she was near me. I could look and look and look and it was never going to be enough.. It was almost as if I was trying to capture, absorb every and each one of those perfect features of her face, trace every line and curve of her body underneath my fingers, and kiss every since inch of those cherry lips that I wanted on mine every time she was close to me.

  Yes, the bite didn't work.. But it was almost as of it had effected me. Hell, I kept torturing myself with the fact that there was still some connection between her and me. Some kind of sire.. A bond. But it wasn't the bite. The bite didn't have an effect close to what I felt near her.. The bite was only supposed to cause trust, and after I was proved that it didn't work, I couldn't find an explanation to the unrealistic fire in every and each one of my senses whenever she was near. Especially after that night.