Ch 64: Eternity

Xander

  It was that night.. That night my whole world changed. No minds changed, no preparations needed. A dark night filled with the very light of my eternal life. My Lara.

  And there I stood, with seemingly no rhythm in my chest, no air in my lungs to prove me I was alive, because damn me, but it was as if I had died and woke up in heaven. She chose it.. She chose that option in a heartbeat.. Not a second of hesitation. And only three days later, I stood on the grounds I once called home, after several lifetimes, waiting for my bride to appear.

  She was certain in her decision. She seemed to have no doubt in her wisdom. She didn't think it through, but she trusted her instincts, which was more than what I ever say for myself. They called me impulsive, they called me cruel, but despise my certainty, I trusted myself the least. Especially near her.. Hell, near her, I was one moment ready to scold her for hours, the next on my knees in a heartbeat. And she was the only one, ever, that could do that to me.

  It was perhaps no choice of mine to be drawn to her, but to love her, it was.. To adore her, even more. And she surprised me with her bravery, with her certainty, but as I stood by that alter, I couldn't think of a single damned reason why I would be in such shock from her decisions. Lara was bold, daring and reckless. She was the temptress that compelled me, and I had no such wish to ever break that compulsion. I only had a wish to make her mine, that night and for eternity.

  It was first her heartbeat I heard, before I saw her.. I saw her walk around that corner and appear. The world stopped. Just like the first time I laid eyes on her, everything went silent. White was what she was wearing. A wedding dress, which I had no clue how Lily provided in such a short amount of time. But in that moment, not a thing mattered.. No, nothing other than her.

  The white material gripped her waist and fell loosely around her hips, down her ankles and the path she walked. It was her simple appearance that took my breath away, and even with that veil covering her face, those long locks of darkness and wave peeked loosely down her shoulders..

  The fairy lights were the only thing she said it was a must, since the wedding had to be on an opened sky, exactly on the night of the full moon. And goodness, those lights were just a plus to her magnificence.

  She held Dennis' hand with more grace than any princess I had ever met did, and yet she wasn't even aware of her own exquisite nature.. No, she had no damn clue just how much beauty she held. The kind I had no chance to see throughout my eternal life. It would've been a shame to compare that belle with any angel in all the heavens, as such enchantress had not yet walked the Earth.

  It had my mind at war at one moment. A part of me wished for the entire world to know of her beauty, know that it was I that got to worship and adore all of her.. Yet the other part was ruled by that selfishness, to have her for myself and myself only. I suppose it made no difference really.. It was all a secret ceremony and only those we trusted attended.

  I took a few steps closer and her delicate hand was in mine. With her werewolf blood, Dennis requested to follow their tradition of one of hers giving her away to me, and she decided it would be only appropriate to do so.. Human weddings weren't a familiarity to me, but they were to her, and since werewolves too had many similarities to them, I went along..

  There wasn't a single memory of a wedding I could even search for, and it was true madness I was attending my own, in only a few days time, but hell, it was the night I would swear that my eternity would revolve around her and only her. My Lara. So not a single doubt crossed my mind.

  "You enchant me, my Lady." I had leaned closer to her as I continued leading her towards the altar.

  "I'm not your Lady yet." Her voice melted a part of me, and the smile in it made me want to pull up that veil already..