Miss Peregrine

Millard didn't shrug her off. He just held her hand and thought comforting thoughts.

"Think of kittens, Saphira. Think of flowers in bloom. Think of springtime and all the baby animals. Think of love. Think of having someone to care for you and worry about you. Think-" Millard projected.

"I already know someone who does those things for me." She projected back. An image of himself flashed through Millards mind.

They soon saw a door up ahead. 

"Come on! Let's go!" Saphira called, excited to be free. As the brothers put on sunglasses to protect their sensitive eyes, Millard and Saphira opened the door to see all of Millards friends waiting outside, planning their next move against Caul and his brother.

"I think we should just burn this place to the ground!" Emma was proposing.

"Did you think about it being made completely out of metal?" Enoch shot down her idea.

Just then, Claire saw Millard. "Millard!" She exclaimed.

Everybody turned their heads to see the disheveled crew of children walking towards them.

"And who might these children be?" Miss Peregrine asked.

"Miss, these two are Joel-and-Peter and Peter-and-Joel. They are echolocators, they have a sonic scream, and always know what the other is thinking. This is Saphira. She can turn into a Seawing dragon and can read the minds of important people in her life. So far, she said she could only read her old ymbryne, Miss Treecreepers, and my mind." Millard introduced and explained to his ymbryne.

Horace looked at Saphira in awe. "She can turn into a dragon?" He asked, interested. 

"Yes, but not just any dragon. A Seawing! Remember, that breed from the book Jake brought in his bag from Florida?" Millard, again, was excited to share knowledge.

"Ehem. Hi, hello. It's nice to meet you all, but is it possible to save my friends from the wights before all their souls are drained? My friends Renata and Mercedes might not be drained yet!" Saphira interrupted.

"Might? You said they had their souls drained!" Millard called at her, annoyed.

"They had been taken from the cells next to mine about an hour before you came." She coolly replied.

"Okay, yeah. They had their souls have been drained. Does one have ginger hair and loads of freckles and the other black hair and dark skin?" Jake asked.

"Yeah....why?" She said slowly.

"I saw them on tables, their souls dripping out. I didn't help them because I didn't know them. If I'd known they were important to someone important to Millard." Jacob apologized.

"It's okay. They didn't have very significant peculiarities. Just being able to see invisible people and talking to animals." Saphira said, starting to lose her cool.

"Stay calm, Saphira. Don't turn dragon on us, please. Do it for me." Millard projected to her.

But she did lose her cool. She turned dragon, but this time, she turned into something different. 

It might have been because she was wearing a different colored dress, or the fact that it was a new day

It might have been because she was wearing a different colored dress, or the fact that it was a new day. But today...

"You're a Nightwing," Millard breathed.

"Yes. I turn into something different each time I change. I never know what, but it's always something from that series. Do you like it?" She projected.

"Yes." Millard said aloud, and everyone looked at him like he was crazy, crazier than the giant dragon standing in front of them.

"Jake! This is all your fault! If you didn't provoke her, she wouldn't have turned! Why did you tell her you saw her friends?!" Millard shouted, also losing his cool.

Jake looked upset that he was being shouted at by an invisible boy four years younger looking than him. "My fault?! I didn't know they were her friends! If I did, I might have helped them! But I  didn't even know she existed!"

Just then, Saphira picked up Millard and tossed him on her back. "Saphira! What the heck are you doing?!" Saphira then spreads her purple wings and takes to the sky, Millard clinging to her spines for dear life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my readers! Yeah, I got two updates again in one day. Do you like it? Trying a little more love in there. I'm still new to writing. This story was just originally a in-my-free-time-I-hated-the-real-ending kind of story but now I've got forty reads! Thank you again all my readers! Have a wonderful and peculiar night!