Freedom

"Saphira wait! What about my friends?" Millard asked after a couple minutes of flying.

"We can't go back! The wights will hurt me, since I'm a dragon it'll be very difficult to kill me, but the will surely drain your soul and kill you!" She upsettedly projected back.

"But what about Jake and Emma? They're the reason you're with me right now! Without them, we'd both be drained!" Millard called through the wind as Saphira picked up speed and went higher.

"We just can't! I'll bet they'll be just fine! Now hold on tight-"  But her thought was cut off as a loud booming noise came from the wights fortress.

"What was that?" Millard asked.

"I don't know. I just hope our friends are okay."

_______________________________________________________________

Back at the fortress:

"Jake! Look out!" Emma screamed as her boyfriend battled the wight Caul.

He turned to look at her, to reassure her, and Bentham was able to make a quick jab under Jakes chin.

Bronwyn tried to disconnect the brothers in an attempt to knock Caul and Bentham out, just long enough for Jake and Emma to tie them up and leave, but it didn't work.

"Quickly children! Run! Follow me!" Miss Peregrine called.

The children hurriedly followed, both for their lives and not wanting to disobey their ymbryne. As they ran, the two wights followed close behind.

Run over there children! We ymbryne are going to close the loop. Just then, Saphira and Millard flew overhead and landed.

__________________________________________________________

Back to Millard/Saphiras area of POV:

"Guys! What's going on?" Millard asked as soon as he'd jumped off of Saphiras back.

"Ssh! Miss Peregrine and the other ymbrynes are trying to close the loop!" Jake explained.

Suddenly, a loud pop sounded and Cauls voice disappeared.

The children cheered. Jake and Emma kissed. 

Saphira had just turned human and jumped over to Millard and kissed him in her happiness that Caul, the wight that captured and killed all her friends, was gone.

Millard was shocked. He didn't know what to make of this. She immediately jumped off as she saw what was going on in his mind.

"I'm sorry! I didn't know what I was thinking! I'm just-" Saphira stuttered, embarrassed.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Enoch asked as he walked up to the girl.

"I-I-I- i-i-its just..." Saphira stuttered.

"Saphira, will you come with me?" Millard asked the girl before Enoch could pry anymore.

"Anything to get away from this area." She replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey my readers! Please don't be upset with my chapters. I've been trying my best, and I've stressed about tests, break, and homework. We've now gotten over 50 reads! Thank you so very much! Have a wonderful, peculiar evening!