Confession

Saphira crossed her arms. "Hugh, I don't believe you." She said subtly.

"Hugh, please explain what's going on." Mill begged.

Hugh looked up at Saphira, into her green eyes, the eyes not many others saw, and gave in. "I hate the way Enoch and Nico bully you. I don't want to see that. I like you, Saph. I don't want to but I really do. The way Millard feels for you I feel. Please don't be upset. I would be crushed. I just....feel so lonely after........" He trailed off, memories of Fiona flooding his mind. He broke down, tears trailing down his face.

Saph felt bad for Hugh. She understood what it felt like to lose people she loved, so she knelt down and gave gave him a hug. "Hugh, it's okay. Calm down. How about I take you for a fly." She offered.

Millard didn't like this idea, but he knew his girlfriend was trying to make him feel better. "That's a good idea." He said, though he didn't agree with his words. 

Hugh looked over at Millard then back to Saphira. "Really?" He asked, shocked that anyone would be so nice after what he said.

She smiled. "Of course! Now go out on a jacket, it's going to be a bit cold."

____________________________________________

As Hugh walked out to the yard, he couldn't believe what he saw.

Saphira looked just like a dragon from the movie he went and saw with Fiona back in the future! Wasn't it 'How to Train Your Dragon'? He couldn't remember. She was one of those Monstrous Nightmares! The ones that could light themselves on fire.

"Saphira? What's going on? I thought you could only turn into the dragons from that series of books

"Saphira? What's going on? I thought you could only turn into the dragons from that series of books." He said.

With a little effort, she projected a thought to his mind. "I don't know. I didn't think I could turn into anything like this either." Saphira didn't know this now, but she had set up a permanent mind link in this specific dragon form by sending him this thought.

Saph knelt down and let Hugh climb onto her back. She took off to the sky, Hugh screaming as she went higher.

"Saphira! What's going on?! Put me down!" He shouted as she flew ever higher.

"We're flying! Calm down! I'll even out in a second!" She projected.

A minute later, the green dragon started flying straight. The two peculiars continued to fly straight and even for a few minutes before Hugh decided to start a conversation.

"Saphira? Why did you decide to help me calm down instead of leaving me back there?" He asked.

Saph mentally sighed, which he heard. "Because I don't like seeing people sad. It hurts me when I see people depressed, sad, upset, or anything. When I first met Enoch, I could tell he was a little bit depressed and really isolated. Am I correct?"

Hugh nodded. "Yeah. He would always isolate himself in the basement of our old loop and make dolls, which he would bring to life. That's his power, though I think Millard told you." 

__________________________________

They flew and talked for about an hour before Hugh started shivering and Saph decided to fly back to the fortress.

Hugh jumped off of the dragons back and she changed human again. "Thanks Saphira. That made me feel much better." 

She smiled at the boy as bees flew around his head. "Of course! Like I said earlier, I hate seeing people feel bad. Well, I'll see you later!" And with that, she walked back to her room, tired from flying all evening in a new dragon body.

On her way, she ran into Millard. "Mill! I can't wait to tell you something!" She was excited.

He frowned, though she still couldn't see it. "What? What do you want to tell me?" He said angrily.

"I found out I've got a new dragon body! I can turn into a Monstrous Nightmare like the ones from that other series of books you read! Wasn't it called How to Train Your Dragon?" She was still giddy with excitement.

"And why would I be happy about this? It's probably because Hugh went riding with you." He spit the words out like they were poison.

It just then dawned on her. "Hey. You're jealous, aren't you?" Saph asked.

Millard scoffed. "What? No! Why would I be?"

"Because you heard him say he liked me! If you're jealous, I'll just leave you and let you sort out your problems. Now, I'm tired, as I flew in a new dragon body. Good night." She said the last two words with the meaning of 'leave me alone'.

Mill sighed. What had he done?

~~~<~~~>~~~<~~~>~~~<~~~>~~~<~~~>~~~<~~~>~~~<~~~>~~~

Hi readers! I finally got an update on time! Thank you all so much for 260 reads as of the time I published this. 

Have a great day wherever you all are and stay peculiar!