Dragon Questions

The four of them returned to the fortress around eleven at night.

"Where did you go? I wanted to ask you to play dolls with me." Claire mumbled as Millard and a Saphira walked through her room to get to their rooms.

"We went to see a movie." Millard explained. "Go back to sleep." He told her.

Millard and Saphira walked quietly through Claire's room. They made it to the hallway where their rooms were. 

"Goodnight Millard." Saphira whispered.

"Goodnight Saphira." He replied. 

__________________________________________

Around two AM, Millard still couldn't fall asleep, so he walked across the hallway to Saphiras room. He knocked on the door. No answer, so he opened it slowly. What he saw scared him.

He saw a giant dragon with a scorpion stinger on its tail. It was roaring in its sleep.

 It was roaring in its sleep

"Saphira..." He breathed.

The dragon turned its head and opened its eyes. Millard didn't move. 

"What happened?" He heard a voice in his head.

"Saphira? Why are you a Sandwing?" Millard asked.

"I had a nightmare and I think I was angry at something, so I turned into a dragon in my sleep. It's never happened before." She replied.

"Can you change back? I want to talk, without you in my head."

Slowly, Saphira changed back. "What do you need?" She asked.

"Well, I can't sleep." He said.

She shook her head. "Anything else?" 

"Yeah, this."

And he kissed her. Just a quick peck on the lips. 

She blushed. "Why?" 

He smiled. "Because I can. Goodnight."

"Night."

___________________________________________

Saphira woke up to the sun shining in her eyes and the smell of bacon. The memories from the night before swooshed back to her. The movie, the date, Claire, turning into a dragon, the kiss. She slowly got out of bed, changed into a sea blue dress, and went to breakfast. The brothers made eggs and bacon again. Millard, Horace, Enoch, and Claire were already there eating.

"Morning!" She said to them.

Millard smiled. "Good morning!"

Horace looked up and smiled. Enoch ignored her.

Saphira loaded her plate with scrambled eggs and crispy bacon.

"So, what made you turn into a dragon last night?" Millard asked her.

"I told you. I had a nightmare. I got angry in the dream and turned into a dragon. Apparently in both my dream and in real life. My problem though, I said I turned into the least effective dragon in my dream, yet in real life I turned into the most dangerous in real life." She explained.

"Huh. It must have been a really bad dream to have you turn in real life. What was it about?" He questioned.

"I'd rather not explain." Saphira said.

"Saphira. If we're going to learn about this, I need to know what it was about." 

She took a deep breath. "Okay. I was back in the cell, but I already knew you. The wights came in to get me for draining. I was pulled into a lab, but I saw the worst thing ever. All my friends were there. All of them drained. Then I saw you. Like actually saw you, your soul dripping into a vial. I turned into a Seawing, but they shot my with knockout juice, whatever it's really called.After your soul was gone, the wights shot you, killing you. I screamed, then woke up to see you."

Millard was speechless. "Wow. That would be a really bad nightmare. What does it mean?"

Saphira looked down at her breakfast, no longer hungry. "I think it means that if I experience the love and care I feel in real life, I turn into a dragon. Both in he dream and in reality."

Horace finally spoke. "Well, this is all very touching, but I must say, why was Millard in your dream? You only met him a month or two ago!"

Saphira turned. "We obviously have a connection. He's the only person I can hear the thoughts of! What do you get terrible dreams about?"

Horace got up. "None of your business."

"It's Enoch isn't it? I can tell by the way you're walking away."

Now Enoch got up. He stormed out of the room, Horace trailing behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi readers! Thank you for the 100+ reads and 15 votes! I'm sorry I didn't update the other day. 

Have a peculiar day!