Loop Alone: Day 2

Two days later:

Saphira woke up a little earlier than the day before. Her clock read 10:11. She jumped out of bed and ran to Millards room. "Mill! Get up! We need to....Millard?"

The entire room was empty. The bed was made, the floor was spotless, and there was a note on the nightstand.

Saph read the note. "Left with the Bone Brothers. Be back soon. We're getting food. Mill! You aren't summoned to go out into the real world, they would know you're invisible!"

"I know. That's why the brothers went on their own." A voice said behind her.

Saphira whirled around. Millard was standing in the doorway. "Millard Nullings! You scared me! We all know we aren't supposed to leave the loop often!" She said as she walked over to the invisible. She lightly slapped him.

He cringed. "Ow. I guess I deserved that."

"Darn right you did! Now come on. Outside. Now." Saph said.

Now, Saphira set up a little surprise for her boyfriend. She stayed up late and called a present time Italian restaurant, setting up a reservation for two. At three P.M., they would be going to said restaurant to eat lunch. Mill didn't know she did this for him. He was thinks she went to bed last night and slept. She went back out to use a phone, and set this up.

Saphira did her best to dress nice, but not too nice to hunt they are going somewhere special. She decided to wear a minty green dress that went to her ankles. (Image below because I can't describe very well.)

Millard didn't have a clue what was going on

"Good." Saph thought.

Mill was dressed casually, in a modern 2000's t-shirt and jeans. The t-shirt was Harry Potter themed, emerald green with the Slytherin quidditch symbol on it. (Image below again.)

Saphira smiled at Millard when he came out to join her

Saphira smiled at Millard when he came out to join her. "Ready to go?" She asked.

He was purely confused. "Go where?" He questioned.

"I'm not saying. You'll just have to wait and see." Was the last thing she said before she started forcing herself to change shape. He dress disappeared into scales, her arms and legs lengthened, and her nose turned to a snout. In two minutes, she was a beautiful sage green Rainwing.

Millard once again scrambled onto her scaly back, then Saph took off.

"Saphira Chara Shadewing! Tell me where we're going!" He shouted.

Although they were flying, Saphira decided to stop mid flight. "Millard Nullings! I give up! I'm taking you to the only Peculiar run Italian restaurant for lunch. It's not that hard." She angrily explained through one-way telepathic speech. Technically, she could read Mills thoughts, he just can't say things straight to her.

___________________________________________________

One hour of flying later:

Saphira landed in front a the restaurant and changed shape. She grabbed Millards hand and walked inside.

They were greeted by a girl with a cats tail and ears. "Welcome! Are you Saphira Shadewing?" She asked cheerily.

"Yes I am. Table for two please." 

The cat-girl led them to a table by the window. "Here's your table. Your waiter will be right out." 

As she left, she brushed her tail under Mill's nose. Saph snorted.

"What? I understand you think she's trying to mess with my mind. But it won't work. Now, what should we drink? We're too young to get anything on this menu, so it's useless to us. How about one of these? They're a future soda called Sierra Mist and it has cherry juice in it." He said, changing the subject.

Saphira sighed. "Well, that does sound good. But we are in the future right now, so we need to act like we're from here." 

"Hello you two. I'm your waitress Chrys. I'll be helping you tonight. So what would you lovebirds like to drink?" The waitress asked. She had a set of black wings sprouting from her shoulders.

Mill stuttered. "W-we would l-like to get th-this one. Two of it please." He said, pointing on the menu.

The girl smiled. "Of course. Be right back."

_________________________________________________

Two hours and a meal later:

The couple was back at the fortress. They had an amazing night, ate a delicious meal, and came home.

"Saphira....this was amazing. Thank you so much!" Mill said when they were about to part ways to go to their rooms for the night.

Saph smiled. "It's the least I could do." She said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you to all who still read my story! We're at 175 reads! I didn't think my story would get 5. Remember, feedback is always appreciated.

Have a wonderful, peculiar day!