Chapter 5

Allen's POV

After I finished telling everyone my plan they all leave the building, and only Kanda and I are left. I whistle loudly and Lavi flies into the room.

"I'm not a dog you know!" he complains.

"I know." I reply nonchalantly. "Let's get going!"

"Wait a second! What's going on?" Kanda asks shocked.

"Were going to our destined locations by using Lavi." I explain.

"Hey! Don't treat me like some automobile. I've been alive for millions of years. Many men have asked for my assistance. I don't help just anyone! You should be thankfu-" Lavi starts to say before Kanda interrupts his blabbering.

"Who's Lavi?" he asks confused.

"Why you little-" Lavi starts to say.

"This idiotic flying carpet who can't ever shut his mouth is Lavi. He's our transporter." I explain. "Now hop on and let's get going!"

"No way! I'm scared of heights!" Kanda complains.

"Then just faint like you did yesterday." I tell him impatiently.

"No means no!" he says angrily.

I hate it when people don't listen to what I say. I'm about to loose my tolerance with this boy, so I grad his arm and hoist him onto Lavi. I jump into Lavi afterwards, and sit down next to him.

"Let go of me! Put me back down!" he screams in fear.

"Calm down. Lavi's perfectly safe. He won't let anything happened to you." I say as I try to lessen his fear of heights.

"Oh I don't know about that." Lavi starts to say.

"Shut it!" I tell him angrily.

"Fine." He says angrily.

We fly out of the building and high up into the air. Kanda begins to tremble and he covers his eyes with his hands. I put my arms around him and pull him towards me.

"Open your eyes." I tell him softly.

"No way!" He says.

"You'll get to see something special." I whisper in his ear.

He slowly starts to open his eyes. When they're fully open he looks around him speechless. We're so high up in the sky, we can touch the sky.

"Oh my God!" Kanda exclaims as he crawls to the edge.

"Don't go so close to the edge!" I warn him.

He looks down at the ground and quickly crawls back to me in shock.

"Don't worry. You won't fall off unless you try to stand up." I explain to him.

"Okay." he says.

His attention immediately turns to the clouds around us. He reaches out and touches one. He quickly pulls his hand back in shock.

"The clouds are made out of dust and water." I explain as I start laughing at his cute, shocked expression. This adventure might be interesting after all.

After about one and a half hours of flying, we reach our destination.

"Welcome to the desert." I tell Kanda.

Kanda looks around in amazement.

"It's all sand for miles, so stick close to me or else you'll get lost." I warn him.

"Don't worry Allen. Unlike you, I'm a responsible man, so I'll take good care of Kanda." Lavi says.

"Sure you are." I say with doubt.

"Are you challenging me human?" he says angrily.

"Nope. I'm just stating the truth." I explain.

"Why you... This means war!" He yells angrily.

We both turn around to look at Kanda as he starts laughing.

"You two are such great friends." he says as he laughs.

Lavi and I look at each other shocked and speechless.

After a few seconds Lavi yells, "Hell no! We hate each other! Besides I'm not even a human!"

"You don't have to be a human to be his best friend. My best friend isn't a human either, but we're still friends. Right Mugen?" he says.

As soon as he says those words, a cobra appears on his shoulder.

"Holy mother of snakes and sunniness! Where the hell did that thing come from?!" Lavi screams.

"I didn't see it when I was changing your clothes yesterday!" I yell in shock.

"Mugen likes to wrap herself around me, and she always hides herself when others are around. Well that's only if I don't take them as a threat." he explains as he starts blushing in embarrassment at what I just told him.

"It's a good thing that Kanda likes you." Lavi tells me in shock.

"I agree." I reply.

Mugen slithers off of Kanda's shoulder and buries herself under the sand.

"What's she doing?" Lavi asks.

"I'm not sure. She's most likely checking out her new surroundings. She's never left the kingdom either." he explains to us.

"Anyways, is it just me or is anyone else hungry?" I ask as my stomach growls. "Sorry. I skipped dinner and breakfast." I explain.

Kanda's stomach growls too. He looks up at the sky and notices that it's about lunchtime.

"I'm hungry too." he tell me as he blushes in embarrassment.

"What did you pack with us?" Lavi asks as his own stomach growls.

"Flying carpets need food too?" Kanda asks.

"Yup. But unlike humans we won't die if we don't eat, but we'll still be famished." he explains.

"Great! That means that I don't have to feed you." I say happily.

"Hey that's a mean thing to say! After all he's the one that brought us here!" Kanda scolds me as he pats Lavi.

"Yeah! You see! At least someone here appreciates my hard work!" Lavi says in agreement.

"But if starving him reduces his voice box, then you can go ahead and starve him." Kanda adds.

"So much for 'someone who appreciates your hard work'!" I say as I drop to the ground laughing.

Kanda opens the basket that was sitting on top of Lavi and takes out a bottle of water and some sandwiches.

"Mugen! Come here sweetie! It's lunch time!" he says loudly.

"See that?! He doesn't treat Mugen like a dog, even though she's less human than I am!" Lavi screams angrily.

"Lavi, that's because he actually cares." I tell him.

"Ouch! That's cold!" Kanda says.

"I'm not talking to you!" Lavi says as he grabs three sandwiches and then flies off.

"You know, you don't have to be so mean to him." Kanda tells me.

"Whatever." I say.

We both sit down and start eating.

"So why do you two hate each other so much anyways?" Kanda asks as he feeds Mugen the meat from his sandwich.

"Let's just say that his big mouth almost got me killed a bunch of times. The people that I always have to deal with don't like to listen to blabbering idiots." I explain darkly.

"Alrighty then." he says.

When we finish, Kanda and I play around in the sand, and I show him some of the plants and animals that live in the desert. We stay in the desert for three days and nights. Then we leave and move on to our next destination.