Chapter 18

Allen's POV

I wake up the next morning with my beloved Kanda sleeping peacefully in my arms. It pained me to leave him, but I have to sneak back into my room before anyone other than Erza, Lavi, or the genie notice that I've gone missing.

I slowly slip off of the bed, careful not to disturb Kanda's peaceful sleep, and tiptoe to the door. Thankfully the door doesn't squeak when I open it, so I easily sneak out of Kanda's room without being noticed. I quietly tiptoe to my room and slowly open the door.

The room was giant and there was one huge bed in it. Lavi was snoring at the end of the bed while Erza slept like a red haired log in the middle if the bed with a cocoon of blankets wrapped around her. There are a few more hours left until it's time for the royalty to wake up. And since Erza decided to create herself a nest with all of the blankets, I was forced to sleep in the far right of the bed with nothing to cover my shivering body.

A few hours later a maid came into the room and gently shook me and Erza awake. I woke up after the first shake, but Erza required a much more advanced technique to awaken her from her slumber. No matter how hard the maid tried, she couldn't wake Erza. I grab a glass of water that was lying on a table and throw it onto her. Like I said, a more advanced technique.

"What the flipping turtle fins was that for?!" she screams in my face as she jolts awake.

"To wake you up." I reply.

The maid leaves and a few seconds later Lavi exits the room to explore. Erza quickly helps me get dressed since I still don't understand how women wear these clothes. After she dresses herself we walk out of the room where a servant awaits us.

"Follow me your highness." a maid with green hair says.

Erza and I follow her into the kitchen. Kanda and the king were already sitting in their seats and waiting for us. Miraculously the genie was already in his seat. I wonder when he left the room. That's not the only strange thing though. Yesterday Jellal looked as if he had just came back from the underworld, but now my little otouto looks like he had just experienced a taste of heaven. I eye him suspiciously, but he doesn't seem to notice.

"How was your first night at the palace?" Kanda's father asks me.

"It was wonderful. Its so beautiful everywhere in this wonderful kingdom. I'm grateful that I can become the queen of such a wonderful kingdom. As well as get married to such a handsome man." I say as I look at Kanda with a mischievous grin.

He just blushes and looks away from me. After the servants placed all of the food on the table we began to dig in. Royal food is so delicious! Even Lavi has a huge craving for the type of food that they eat in this palace.

I caught Erza red-handed, sneaking food under the table and feeding it to Lavi. When she saw me looking at her she blushed and turned away from me, but she continued to feed Lavi. I wonder what happened last night after I sneaked into Kanda's room.

All of a sudden the doors to the dining room opened and a servant dressed in dark green walked in. This servant was definitely not one of Agrabah's servants because all of the servants in the palace are alwayes dressed in mostly blue.

She walks up to my beloved Kanda, and when she reaches him she whispers something to him. I see Kanda starting to pale as she whispers her message to him. When she finished she bows before the king and then takes her leave.

"Who was that?" Erza asks curiously as she rapidly sneaks a chicken wing under the table and feeds it to the gluttonous Lavi.

"That must have been one of princess Cleo's servants." the king answers her.