Chapter 17

Warning: Contains yaoi!

Jellal POV

I was laying down on my bed, and I was about to let sleep overtake me, when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I get out of bed and open the door to see who was knocking. As soon as I see who was knocking on my door, I immediately regret opening it.

The person standing before me is none other than that stupid genie. I quickly try to close the door, but he was faster than me. He blocks me from closing the door by placing one foot inside of the room.

"Go away!" I whisper as I try to push him away from the door.

He easily overpowers me, and makes his way into my bedroom.

"What do you want?" I ask angrily as I advert my eyes from his.

He reaches towards me and grasps my face with his hand. He forces my head upwards so that our eyes meet. Once our eyes meet, my legs start to tremble. I lose my balance and start to fall. Luckily the genie was there, so he grabs a hold of me and picks me up with his strong arms.

He picks me up and carries me to my bed. He lays me down on the bed and leans over me. I try to look away from his eyes, but he holds my head in place with his hands. His face shows no emotion, but when I look into his eyes all I see is remorse and sadness instead of the anger that I thought that he would have.

"Why?" I ask as tears begin to quickly stream down my face.

"Why what?" he asks, his emotionless façade continues, but his eyes start to show even more sadness.

"Why did you do it?" I ask.

"Do what?" he asks as he pretends that he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

"Why did you betray me?" I ask desperately.

He doesn't say anything. He just looks at me with more sadness and remorse.

"Answer me!" I scream.

"If I do will you forgive me?" he asks.

"It depends on your answer." I reply.

I'm so tiered of this lying game. I just want it all to end. I desperately want to return back to those happy moments that we spent together. But I want him to prove himself to me first.

"Fine," he says.

He releases his grip on me and sits at the end of my bed. I sit up and wait for his answer.

"I had to." he says with sadness in his voice.

"So you had to listen to what Jafar said?! I thought that you said you would never hurt me!" I scream angrily.

"I had to because I didn't want to hurt you!" he says angrily.

"What?" I ask in shock.

"There are rules that every genie must follow. One of them is to grant a person's every wish." he replies.

"And what happens if you don't?" I ask.

"'You die." he replies.

"I didn't want you to be heartbroken after my death, but I guess maybe disobeying his wish would have been a better choice." he says with a bitter tone.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" I ask him.

"Because I didn't think that I would ever have to do anything to hurt you. I didn't want to cause you any more worry for me. If I had know then I would have told you. I'm so sorry!" he says as his voice fills with grief.