why not? [canada x reader]

tw: abuse

Jumping up and down the floor,

my head is an animal.

You wandered along in the dusky woods, pine scent enveloping you and clearing your head, allowing you to think.
Your steps made no sound, and the only noise were the rattles of pine needles brushed by the summer night breeze, the calls of birds ready to go to rest.
Unfortunately, rest was difficult for your tortured mind. You had a bad past, being an orphan with foster families, each who neglected you and hurt you. You had sailed past the rocky time-not without stormy seas, but you had a loving family now who you loved... but your emotional scars still showed fresh and red on your soul, leaving a painful reminder of your time alone.

And once there was an animal;
it had a son that mowed the lawn.

The walks in the forest were your only escape. When you had been very small, about three years old your father would wake you up early in the morning to take a walk. You remembered it so vividly it almost hurt. Your father's face, outlined by the soft glow of lamplight and the blue-gray sky outside, the curve of the golden sun just beginning to kiss the horizon, the dark inky forest line visible from your bedroom window.
He'd kiss your forehead, help you get dressed and the two of you would slip out the door into the wakening world. In the forest it was silent, letting you each reflect on anything. You'd walk for hours, drinking in nature and the sheer beauty of life...
You laughed quietly to yourself. Any beauty of life was dead to you now, why bother thinking about it. The words floated from your lips.
"Why bother?"

The son was an okay guy.
They had a pet dragonfly.

A soft crunch caused you to whip around in shock, (e/c) eyes wide. In front of you was blonde man with pretty violet eyes, but the strange thing was he had a cute little curl that spiraled out like a corkscrew. He wore a white jacket with a red maple leaf on it, his hands in the pockets.
"Why not?" The man asked softly, trapping his eyes in yours. You froze for a moment. Why not. Why not? Why not.
"...Who are you?" You asked shyly, (h/c) locks falling over your face. "Just another person who likes to enjoy the woods." You smiled a little and you two stared at each other, purple orbs entranced in (e/c) ones.
Still looking at you, he opened his mouth again. "I'm Canada." His voice was soft and mellow, almost calming. It was sweet though, like honey. No. Like syrup.
"Do... do you come here often?" You asked, slightly more confident. "Oh yeah, and I'm (f/n) (l/n)" you added quickly, blushing a little.
Canada nodded. "Do you want to see something?" You shrugged, why not. It's not like you had anything else to do. And, it being summer the sky would remain twilight for a while.
Sure, most people wouldn't run off with a boy they just met but there was something so friendly and sweet about Canada that you knew deep down in the pit of your stomach it was okay to follow him. He turned and headed deeper into the woods, and curiously you followed.

The dragonfly it ran away,
But it came back with a story to say.

You followed Canada through a dense cluster of pine trees, then suddenly you were on the side of a rocky outcropping, on a little ledge in the middle of a sort of stone basin and a roar filled your ears. Jetting out the side of the cliff was a waterfall. It sprayed and splashed water droplets everywhere, some landing on you and some on Canada. It was beautiful, reflecting the sunset and tossing little rainbows everywhere.
You sat on a rock, reveling in the sheer beauty of it, and the crashing seemed to lull you into a peaceful mood, surrounded by nature, the thing that had kept you alive since you were young. You glanced over at Canada, a small smile playing on his lips as he looked out of the corner of his violet eye at you, then sat down beside you, slipping his warm hand into your cold one, despite the summer night.

Her dirty paws and furry coat,
She ran down the forest slopes.

"Like it?" You turned your head to him, smiling for what felt like the first time in years. "I love it."
The two of you grinned and turned back to the fall, but you nestled you head in his shirt and leaned against his chest. He didn't protest to you, but wrapped his arms around you protectively.
"Remember how you said, 'why bother?'" He suddenly spoke. You nodded.
"Why is that?" You sighed, exhaling slowly.
"I've been through some tough times... and it just feels like nobody's there to help me." You quietly replied, closing your (e/c) eyes as hot tears brimmed at their corners. A thumb wiped them away for you and you reopened them.
"(y/n), there's always someone to help you." You looked up at Canada.
"Then where were they when I was being abused and neglected, huh? When my so-called 'Mom' locked me in the closet for a week? What about then?" you snapped angrily. You were just so sick of it. Everything. Life, people, the world.
"That's why I say 'Why bother?'" you said more quietly, relaxing. Canada was silent, his chest moving a little.
He leaned down and planted a soft kiss on your cheek and you shivered, breathing in his maple scent.
"Why not?"

The forest of talking trees;
they used to sing about the birds and the bees.
The bees had declared a war;
the sky wasn't big enough for them all.
The birds, they got help from below,
from dirty paws and the creatures of snow.

--

squee! I love my Canada~ anyway~

ask and you will recieve!

edit 25/07/15

lmao what was wrong with me anyways yeah canada right

xx crescen