Chapter Thirteen

Rubbing my chest, I sit back on the couch, too uncomfortable to sleep right now. For the last couple of days, my chest has been obnoxiously sore and sensitive. Whenever my shirt even brushes up against my nipples, I feel pins and needles, and it is driving me absolutely crazy.

So, I am out in the living room, wrapping myself in a soft blanket and hoping that I will become tired enough to ignore the annoyingness of my chest and sleep.

Footsteps sound on the stairs just when I am settled, and it only takes a couple of seconds for the person to wander into the living room. Taylor looks over at me with tired eyes before settling down onto the couch with a fussing Rosalie.

"Why the hell are you up in the middle of the night?" he asks, readjusting the squirming baby who almost falls out of his arms.

Shrugging my shoulders, I slouch back into the couch, trying to ignore the pain the movement caused me. Taylor notices though and is immediately more awake.

"Something's hurting you, isn't it?" he asks, his eyes slanting in scrutiny.

Shaking my head, I open my mouth to tell him everything is fine, but before I can, Rosalie lets out an even louder cry. Taylor immediately looks down at her, his eyes softening.

"Oh, I know, sweet girl, you're absolutely starving aren't you?" he asks, an amused smile on his face. Rosalie lets out an answering cry, and Taylor hands her to me while he wiggles out of his sweatshirt. The baby looks at me with watery eyes, before rubbing her head on my chest.

And that's when I feel it. A pinch, and then wetness.

Taylor takes Rosalie from me while I sit there in shock, not sure what to do about my current predicament. The cries quickly cry down once Rosalie is latched on, her eyes immediately dropping as she eats.

Taylor grabs a blanket off the back of the couch and wraps it around him and the baby before relaxing completely into the cushions. It takes him a few minutes to notice my state, though, and when he does, he looks over at me in worry.

"Micah," he says, his eyes running over my body as if searching for the reason behind my quietness. "Are you alright?"

My hands find their own way to my chest, pressing against my sore nipple, before quickly drawing my hand away when wetness appears on my shirt.

Taylor follows my movement and lets out a quiet, "Oh," when we see the darkness spreading on my shirt. "That would explain the sore chest."

"Thought it was just the heartburn again," I mumble, and Taylor just looks up at me with a skeptical brow.

"This is why you need to tell me these things, so I can tell you how ridiculous you are being."

"Hey," I say, pulling my blanket back around me which is hard to do with an almost six-month belly. "It isn't like I have done this before."

Taylor's gaze immediately softens, and he gives me a reassuring smile. "That really is why you should tell me when things are happening to you, Micah, so that I can help you navigate this new territory."

Slowly, I nod my head, before the realization of what is the really happening causes me to start asking questions.

"What the hell?" I ask, but not excited enough to move out of the rather comfortable position I have found myself in. "The baby isn't even here yet, why is my milk coming in already."

Taylor readjusts Rosalie after giving a small shrug of his shoulders. "Sometimes it does that. Mine came in early, albeit only by a week or so, but this isn't something to be worried about. Your body is just preparing."