Chapter 9

It Thursday morning, the last week of semester break and I had promised Liam we'd go see Fantastic Beast at the cinema, we were both crazed Harry Potter fans, more than the others. I threw on my coat running downstairs to see mum on the phone with her eyebrows scrunched, I mouthed 'who is it?' But she just held up her finger so I decided to wait. I texted Liam saying I'd be a little late and on she hung up the phone she sat on the couch with me.
"Aunt Tessa is coming to visit, to stay"
"Tessa, as in dads sister"
"Yeah"
"We haven't seen that bitch since dads funeral"
"Katie, play nice, she's family and is concerned about you and wants to visit" concerned about me?
"Why me?"
"She knows I'm working, your alone, dealing with everything and apparently she's heard some stuff which makes her think you need a role model? I'm not sure sweetie, she's coming tomorrow night, let's just play nice and act good and hopefully she'll be gone before we know" I agreed to mums twisted way of getting Tessa to leave, and grabbed my bag heading down to the movies. I met Liam in the line for pop corn.
"K, here's your ticket and a bag of skittles as always, I'm just getting popcorn" he smiled sweetly
"I could've paid Li"
"Well let's go for food after and you can shout?"
"Deal" I smiled snatching the skittles from him heading into the cinema.

"Oh my god that was amazing I'd so see it twenty more times" Liam gushed whilst waited for our food at a local cafe.
"I know right, it was way better than I was expecting"
"So what'd Kerry want, the reason you were late?"
"Oh, my quants coming to stay, remember Tessa"
"Who can forget that bitch, she pretty much put Cameron on house arrest for being home late, she's mental" I chuckled at the memory but he was right, she is mental. I explained everything to Liam, well what mum told me and the reason behind her unexpected visit. On my way out Liam gave me a big hug saying he'd break me out if I needed an escape and he wasn't wrong, I will need an escape route with that nut case.

**
"Katie dear, come give your aunt a hug, then you can take my bags to my room" I walked towards aunt Tessa lightly wrapping my arms around her inhaling her musty scent.
"I'll make coffee" mum smiled whilst I heaved her suitcases into the guest room whilst Tessa followed mum into the kitchen. Once I sat all her bags in the guest room I pulled out my phone messaging the guys.
Me: the dragon is here
Liam: when will we see you?
Me: school
Eli: she'll probably attend each class with you
I snickered at their messages putting my phone in my pocket heading down to the kitchen deciding it was only moral to save mum.
"So Katie, I hear you've gained quite some rep in this little town since Cameron's death"
"What would that rep be Aunty Tessa"
"I believe the term is whore" my eyes shot from my coffee to meet hers and mum, mums were telling me to stay quite and hers looked like poison "so I want you to stop hanging with those idiot friends of Cameron's"
"They're my friends too Aunty"
"Not anymore sweetie" I was close to yelling but best thought not to stir the old bat, God knows what she'd do to me. I sat in silence whilst mum made friendly conversation with Tessa, I wasn't allowed to be excused so I just sat staring at the wall till they'd said they were going food shopping but I politely declined, which was quite some battle but I won this one. Opening my phone I saw 9 messages from the boys.
Jace: are you alright?
Eli: yeah what's the witch said this time?
Liam: want me to come get you
Jace: maybe we should smuggle her out at nights
Eli: her windows will be bared
Jace: and the bats probably set up cameras
Liam: poor K
Liam: anyone seen my Nike socks?
I smiled at their messaged but they were somewhat true. I honestly want going to be able to see these boys unless I snuck out, and it's not going to be easy with Aunty Tessa next door and the fact she's constantly around. She'll most likely escort me into the school gates and out of them every day too, and there's no telling how long she'll be here.
Me: I'm alive, she hasn't pulled out the carving knives yet, but yes you're right, I'll have to sneak out to see you and she's already monitoring all my moves
Jace: what's she said?
Me: she doesn't want me associating with any of you
Liam: what?
Eli: hell no
Liam: imma kill a bitch
Jace: why?
Me: apparently I'm the knew town whore and your creating this rep
Liam: uh oh, hold my earring whilst I fight this witch
I smiled at the messages, they care about me and it genuinely makes me happy but my aunt is mental, if she doesn't want me seeing these boys she'll make sure I don't, no matter what she has to do or who she has to do. Like I said, messed up, she almost got Cameron expelled because she didn't like a girl he was dating and he refused to break things off, so Aunty Tessa's idea of getting him expelled would get him away from the girl and he'd have to end things, she almost succeeded as well. Nasty old witch.
I ignored the messages rolling in from the guys since most of them were just about how they were going to break me out, they'd assumed I was in the presence of her but I just didn't want to get the rilled up when she could hurt them, but Jace saw through me, that's why I have two missed calls from him. My phone begun to buzz again so I picked it up.

"Katie Jesus finally, you were MIA"
"Yeah sorry I was busy ironing my church dress"
"Church?"
"Aunt goes to church on Saturday mornings remember, and I'm always forced to attend"
"Maybe I should make an appearance?" He chuckled through the phone
"And she'll impale you with her umbrella"
"Touché"
"I miss you" it's been a good week since we've seen each other, he's been outta town.
"I miss you too and had planned to come see you today until I found out about the witch"
"Believe me it surprised me as well"
"How long is she here?"
"I honestly have no clue, probably a month, you know here Jace"
"It's weird she's down though, don't you think?"
"No, apparently Mrs Casanda called her telling her about all the oh so naughty things her niece has been doing?"
"And what are these dirty things?"
"Fraternising with Caleb at a party and apparently I've been sleeping around, new too me" he laughed at my mocking voice "have you heard from Kyle?"
"Um no I haven't" his voice sounded like he knew something
"Jace, you tell me what you know"
"I just know he went out of town, the next town over"
"Why?" I drummed my fingers on my desk as I heard a car pull up "fuck she's back, talk later" I hung up the phone stripping off jumping in the shower avoiding all conversation. However when I was finally out she walked in smiling "church tomorrow morning dear, don't you forget" I nodded putting on my best smile internally gagging.

**
I stood in the mirror groaning, I hadn't worn this to church in years and it was getting short. It was a pale blue button down dress, very churchy, I pulled on some sheer stockings and my small shiny nude heels, you know the type receptionists wear, or grandmas, and to top it all off I braided half my hair back trying to 'look respectable'. Its not like my normal attire I like jeans and t-shirts occasionally dresses but ones that aren't something an 8 year old would wear, and not these freaking heels.
"Honey are you coming?" I cringed at her squeaky voice
"Yeas Aunty Tess" I grabbed my bag meeting her in the foyer "where's mum?"
"Oh she got called in for work" I wanted to shoot mum, she doesn't work Saturdays, never has in her life, she's most likely at Kelly's house, shame on her "lets go"

We pulled up to the church and I already saw people out the front waiting around socialising, and not one of those people were my age "oh look it's Mrs Kennedy" Tessa got to know most our little town through her occasional visits and on going visits to church whilst she was down. She grasped my hand pulling me around towards people as they all gushed about their o so glorious lives. I looked at my phone, 9:30, church doesn't start till 10, why are they all here so early, sleep is a good thing "um I'm just going to go to the toilet" I mumbled "okay dear, hurry back"
Once I was out of sight I ducked around the corner pulling out my phone dialling mums number.
"Mum?"
"Sweetie, how's church?"
"I hate you, you know that?"
"I had to work"
"On a Saturday, although you never work on weekends"
"Yeah"
"You owe me mum"
"Okay Katie, see you when you get home" is sighed hanging up. Just as I was about to walk back around to the front of the church two hands pulled me back "what the hell?" I spun around to face my kidnapper and was more then happy "Jace, what are you doing here? In a suit?" I chuckled taking in his appearance he was stood in dress pants, a shirt and tie with his hair gelled back.
"I needed to see you" he stepped towards me "aren't you going to give me a hug?" I missed his smile so much, I walked into his arms feeling at home "if we run now we can escape" I chuckled at his suggestion slightly shaking my head.
"I wish, are you going to church?"
"Of course, why else would I be?"
"Because you never attend church?" I raised a brow as I heard the church bell, time to go in "I have to go" I hugged him running towards the front of the church to Aunty Tessa, with no words exchanged she linked her arm in mine pulling me towards the church. Once we were sat in the pews, I saw Jace pass me sitting at the end of the opposite pew.
"Isn't that one of Cameron's stupid friends" I head to grit my teeth at her.
"Yeah that's Jace"
"Why's he here?"
"Because he's not as stupid as you think Aunty Tess" she gave me a pointed look and I shrunk down in my seat staying quiet throughout the whole service. Afterwards she dragged me to get tea and I have Jace a sad smile as he left looking somewhat disappointed. Whilst Tessa grabbed our tea I felt my phone buzz in my purse, I grabbed it right as she walked over, "it's mum, I'm just going to answer this" I explained, Tessa nodded walking away giving me time to look at the real caller.

"Kyle?"
"Katie I need your help"

***********
Shortish once again I know and apologise, I'm writing on my iPad. Hope your enjoying and please keep sharing and reading, should be updated very soon xx