Chapter 17

*2 weeks till leaving*

"Katie get out of your bed, we are doing something. We are freshly graduated, why are you sleeping?" He's kidding right?
"Because it's 7am on a Saturday morning"
"Exactly. Grab your bag, bathers, towel. We are going to the beach" he smiled.
"Let me sleep. We can go at lunch" I rolled over snuggling into my blanket which were slowly ripped from me "fine you win but your stopping and getting me coffee"

"Two large coffees please, 2 sugars in both, one with a shot of hazelnut" Jace told the lady at the cafe, he knows my coffee order.
"You know my coffee order?"
"Of course I do" he smiles. Jace has practically been a ray of sunshine since the day we graduated and it's quite amusing, honestly I expected him to be a grump and ignoring me but he's the opposite, he plans to spend every day with me till I get on that plane. At first I was thrilled but now it's killing me, I love this boy and he's going to make it so much harder for me to leave but would I ever admit that to him? No.

"Let's go" he smiled turing up the radio as we pulled onto the highway. I love this song, I tapped my fingers on my lap along to the tune till it hit the chorus. I smiled cranking it up as we both belted the lyrics horribly, may I add.

'I hope you know
I hope you know
This is nothing to do with you
It's personal
My self and I
We've got some straightening out to do
And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket
Cos I get ta get a move on with my life
It's time to be a big girl now
And big girls don't cry'

I danced around in my seat as Jace banged his hands on the steering wheel smiling like a good ball. Can life get better than this? Honestly, I have everything I need in this car.

"Come on Jace, it's not that cold" I was swimming around in the water trying to convince him to join me in the sea, but I was failing since he's acting like a five year old having a little tantrum.
"No it's cold, I felt it"
"Your toe felt it" I argued.
"And that was enough to know its cold, come on, let's go eat"
"Nope" I smirked shaking my head "I think my bikini has come undone" I gazed around the beach seeing it was practically empty apart from 4 guys a fair distance away. I slyly undid my bikini, maybe this will get him in "I can't do it up" I fiddled with the neck piece until it dropped exposing my chest, his eyes almost popped out of the sockets "whoops" I mumbled covering my chest with my arms. Call me what ever you want but my plan was working, a chorus oh whistles came from the guys and it didn't take much for Jace to storm straight into the water over to me "turn around" he grumbled tying up my bikini top "never do that again" he almost growled into my ear.
"It got you in didn't it" I smirked proudly making him shove me back falling under water laughing "jerk" I laughed shoving him into the water.
"Fuck that's cold" he yelled splashing me. I win.

**
It's almost quarter to six and we are finally leaving the beach and I'm giving Jace the silent treatment. Why? Because after my little trick I played to get him in the water we had a great swim, he went to get us a drink and I stayed on the beach, one of those guys that may have seen my little act came and had a chat to me, Jace dumped his drink on the guy and dragged me back to the car, where we currently were and I didn't feel like talking to the arse hole.
"Katie just speak to me" I turned my head towards the window ignoring all his excuses and apologies. I actually remained silent the whole way home, very impressive on my behalf, I usually crack under pressure.

I watched the familiar houses on my street come into view, as soon as the car started to slow down out the front of my house I went to open the door but I heard the click of the lock before I could make a move. The car came to a full stop and the car remained locked "let me out" I groaned yanking on the door handle, surely this will work, if not I'll just break his door till I can get out, yeah that's a good idea. I continuously yanked on the door banging on the window.
"Stop" he grabbed my wrist pulling it towards him so I was away from the door "stop it" he still sounded mad.
"How about you stop acting crazy possessive?" His grip just tightened on my wrist after I said that, clearly I'm working him up, and that's not a good thing. Mad Jace is never a good thing.
"What do you think that guy wanted Katie, he saw your tits, I can assure you he didn't want to ask how your day was"
"Don't be a jackass, you poured your drink on him for no reason than drag me away like a toddler, and need I remind you if you weren't such a sook I wouldn't have played that little trick"
"Only a whore would play a trick like that" as soon as that left his mouth I felt tears prick at my eyes and I know Jace regretted saying it, he weren't pale and immediately unlocked the car door, at least he still has part of his brain, I grabbed the handle but I heard the click of the door again, oh my mistake, he's a complete idiot. "I shouldn't have said that, your not a whore Katie, I was just mad"
"That's no excuse" it was actually quite hard fighting back my tears, but a few escaped.
"I know it's not" his thumb grazed my cheek clearing the stray tears "I hate hurting you, I don't want to be fighting when your leaving soon" I couldn't talk, otherwise it'll be a mumbled sob. Parts of me want to be mad at Jace when I leave, it will make the leaving part less painful, but I know i wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I stayed mad at him, he has been with me through thick and thin, in a way he is my lifeline, cliche I know, but I actually can't function properly without him, everything is just dull.
"It's okay" I gave him a small smile.
"It's not but I'll listen to you"
"I think I'm just gonna go have a bath or something, bye" I smiled finally escaping the car.

I did what I said and went and sat in the bath with my lap top set up watching some glee, it makes me feel calm, don't judge. Jace never actually left, mum said he's still sitting in his car out the front of her house, she's come into the bathroom 4 times to tell me.
"Honey I really think you should go tell him to leave, what's he doing?" That makes it 5, suppose I should go dismiss the freak. I stepped out of my luxurious bath, quite disappointed throwing on some underwear and my grey robe, I ain't dressing up to tell him to leave. I slipped on some flip flops heading to the door where mum was peeping out the window "mum stop it you creep" she told me f*** off or something, I didn't quite catch it. I kind of regretted wearing only my robe, it's cole out here. Jace was just sitting there staring ahead like some lunatic.

I banged on the window so he'd roll it down "Jace you gotta leave, your freaking out my mum", he broke eye contact from my staring straight ahead again like what I just said wasn't what he wanted to hear "Jace, leave. What are you even doing here?" He pursed his lips looking straight ahead.
"I don't want to leave you, I want to spend every moment with you"
"It's almost 10pm Jace, we can't go adventure now, I'll see you tomorrow" he stayed quite not breaking his gaze and whatever he's staring at "do you want to stay?" This time he looked at me, nodding and getting out of his car, I briefly looked back at the house and could see mum spying, what a little cow.
"Hi Jace" mum smiled.
"Hello Kerry" I just shoved him towards the direction of my room "bye Kerry"
"I'll meet you in my room" I grumbled turning to face my smirking mother "don't look,at me like that, if I didn't invite him in he would've slept in his car"
"Whatever you say kiddo, I'm going to be, don't make to much noise" she winked. I just glared at her walking to my room locking the door so she couldn't barge in at any waking moment, oh and yes, I finally got a lock for my room, I was sick of the boys popping in whenever and mum agreed to help me install one.

It didn't really surprise me when I saw Jace already laying on my bed in nothing but his boxers, it's the only way he sleeps, unless it's freezing, I went over to my cupboard taking off my robe slipping on some pj shorts and a t-shirt walking over to the bed laying on my belly beside him "if you wanted to stay you could've just asked" he turned his head towards me giving a small smile.
"Didn't want to take away all the fun now did we" I rolled my eyes at his absurd thoughts slipping under the covers laying on my pillow facing away from him. I felt him shuffle around and slip under the blankets, his hand ran up and down my leg and his lips surprisingly connected with my neck "Jace, stop" I sat up looking at him, his hand gripped my thigh getting dangerously close to my area "stop it" I tried to push his hand off me, I'd be lying if I said I dint like it.
"Katie" he almost growled sitting in front of me "please" the desperation is his voice surprisingly turned me on "please" he pushed me back lightly hovering over me. I leant forward placing a light kiss on his lips, and that was enough of an answer for him.