Chapter 6

That night, I dreamt about Seth. And I wasn’t surprised that I was feeling flushed when I had woken up.

I got ready, and when I managed to look in the mirror, my cheeks were pink under my skin.

The sun was barely up in the sky as I headed off for the diner.

I was in a jittery mood, my lips still tingling from the kiss. Everytime I thought about it, my cheeks would feel hot and my lips would tingle.

Jimmy couldn’t destroy my mood too with his own remarks and grunts. It didn’t touch me. Nothing touched me now that Seth was in my life.

The day dragged on, me in the back washing up, as I waited anxiously for Seth to visit.

His words echoed in my head, Goodnight. I’ll see you tomorrow.

I knew his words were true. I could always count on Seth now.

I remembered last night, and his stories about neighbouring vampires and his pack of werewolves.

It didn’t bother me at all. For some reason, it felt normal. Like something deep down inside of me was expecting it all along.

After telling me about the Cullens and Bella and Edwards’ story, I felt like I knew them.

Somehow, I wanted to meet them. The way Seth talked about them, made me feel like they were friends.

I worked and worked at the diner, my hands carrying plates to tables and washing dishes, my mind somewhere else. With Seth.

A part of me was desperate to see Seth, the other part of me was smug to be able to be with Seth, and the rest of me was just disconnected from my body.

I knew I couldn’t stop thinking about him. I knew I was in love with him, and he was with me.

I know that sounds weird, since we’ve only met up a couple of times, but, I just know.

Seth and I met up again, he knocked on the door long after Jimmy had gone home, leaving me to close up the diner. It was a black night, and I was puzzled about who would want pie at this hour.

“Seth? What are you doing here?” I asked as I let him in.

“Well, I saw the light on, and I guessed you’d be here closing up, so I came to accompany you. I’m sorry I couldn’t come earlier in the day. Sam had emergency patrols” he replied.

I started to feel guilty. “You didn’t need to see me if you were busy. I don’t mind.”

“As much as I want to run through the forest looking for something that hasn’t been here in months,” he said sarcastically, “I would much rather be with you.”

I smiled, feeling my cheeks flame.

“So, what can I do to help out?” he asked looking around the half packed diner.

“Oh, you don’t need to” I protested, but he already grabbed a dish towel and began scrubbing the top of the tables. I watched as he flipped the chairs on top.

“What?” he asked with a grin as I stood there smiling at him. 

“Nothing” I replied embarrassed he had caught me.

I grabbed the other dish towel and began followed his lead. I couldn’t help but hide a smile as we talked and cleaned.

A short silence filled the air as we were both stuck in our own worlds. He mopped the floor quietly as I counted the money in the register.