Chapter 16

~

This chapter is the beginning of the rest of the story. At this point, both Seth and Violet are conflicted, guilt ridden, confused and in need of love. Their actions lead to life changing consequences. 

Love & rockets,

dc

I opened his door effortlessly, peeping into the room. He sat up on his bed.

“Violet?” he whispered in the dark.

Without a word, I went to him, and rested right on top of him. I put both hands on either side of his face and kissed him on the lips. I was feeling guilty for what happened with Jimmy and with everything else.

I was the one who was hurting him.

“I’m sorry Seth, I’m so sorry for doing this to you. You’ve done everything for me, protecting me from any danger, and I’m just making more problems, I mean it was my fault from the start—don’t look at me like that,” I gently scolded.

He relaxed his features as I stroke his cheek. The gash had already healed, and was just a faint scar; though that did not satisfy me.    

“I know what you’ll say Seth, because you always say it isn’t my fault” I whispered more softly, “No matter how many times you get me to repeat it, I will still know deep down inside. But that’s who you are. You’ll always comfort me and protect me. I don’t know what I did to deserve you.”

I kissed him gingerly on the lips again. I realised I was crying.

“Don’t cry,” he said as he wiped away the tear. 

I smiled a small sad smile. “There you go again.”

“It’s a habit,” he smiled.

“Don’t break that habit,” I replied.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him forcefully on the lips. He wrapped his own arms around my waist, a sign of him being there for me, for me not to worry.

I guess we both took it the wrong way. We took it all the way.

The next morning, I was asleep beside him. I woke up and snuggled deep into his chest.

He was staring past me, out the window. I remembered last night, and felt wrong.

“I’m sorry, Seth, for last night,” I whispered.

He looked at me, and stroked my cheek. “It’s not your fault.”

I smiled again at his motto, but still didn’t believe him. “Seth, we took it too far,” I whispered.

We did; our desperation and passion and love for each other took the better of us.

“I know,” was all he said.

I looked down at myself in disappointment. I snuggled deeper into his chest, hiding my face.

“I’m scared,” I whispered.

Seth and I didn’t talk at all about what happened; when a kiss went too far. We were both naïve.  

We spent every second with each other. He never let go of my hand, and I didn’t mind it. I think we were both feeling guilty for what happened.

A few weeks passed, and I was feeling so sick. For a split second, I thought I was dying of some disease, but I was feeling something else.

One morning before the sun was even up, I quickly ran to the bathroom to throw up. Seth hadn’t heard me, and I was glad.