Chapter 14: (Violet's POV)

Chapter 14: Seven (Violet’s POV)

A handsome doctor looked over me. I stared at him idly and wondered how much more beautiful a person could get.

He had sleek blonde hair and flawless white skin. His face was a sort of face any woman would fall in love with, maybe even some men. It was just too beautiful.

As I stared, his mysterious golden brown eyes were familiar. I could see a story behind them. A story I felt like I knew.

“Hello. My name is Carlisle. Now, do you know where you are?” he asked me in a melodic tone.

“No,” I choked in reply.

My throat hurt, it was dry and I was parched.

“You’re in the hospital, you’ve been in an accident” he said.

A sudden pang hit me. I was in an accident?

Carlisle shone a light in my right eye, a memory coming with it. A bright light and then pain as something hit me. As he took the light awake, the memory faded too.

Was that how it happened? Was I hit by a car?

“Was I hit by a car?” I choked aloud.

Carlisle smiled. “Yes, what else can you remember?” he asked.

I concentrated hard, trying to conjure up some more memories. A small flash of a girl, who was a little older than me and myself were sitting on some steps in front of a house, laughing, and then another blaze of a different memory as I was dancing with a boy at a wedding. He was wearing a tuxedo and I was wearing a beautiful dress. The scene changed as a sandy coloured wolf leapt out of a few trees, its dark eyes familiar. The sandy wolf disappeared as I was running through a field of wheat, the same boy I was dancing with at the wedding, chasing after me.

“I’m confused” I murmured.

“About what? What are you confused of?” Carlisle asked.

“I remember a girl, with dark hair. She’s a pretty girl, and I think she’s older than me; and a boy with dark hair too. I was dancing with him at a…wedding, but I think…I think I know who they are…” I trailed off, my mind distracted.    

Carlisle smiled, looking proud.

“I’m very proud of you. You’re memory is starting to come back” he said as a nurse entered the room.

“Doctor Carlisle, you’re needed in the operation room” she said.

Carlisle turned to me. “Try to recollect some of your memories,” he said.

Before he could leave, I quickly remembered something.

“Ah, Doctor Carlisle?” I asked.

“Yes?” he replied facing me.

“What’s my name?”

He laughed lightly. “Your name is Violet Rose Brown.”

“Violet,” I breathed.

Carlisle smiled and left the room.

I stared around the white room. The walls were a washed out white, the only colour were a few dying daisies sitting on the window. On one of the walls, there hung a mirror. I saw my reflection. I looked a tragedy.

I had a massive white, red-stained bandage across my head. My eyes looked so tired, and I had a few cuts here and there on my face.

I turned away from the mirror, staring at the white-greyish washed walls. Grey was a depressing colour. I eyed the table beside me, a necklace sitting on top.