Chapter 7: (Seth's POV)

I shot out of the trees as soon as I heard shouting. Only one light was my beacon in this dark pitch, black night. It was Violet’s room.

I listened in as the shouting escalated.

Dad, I’m not your wife. I’m your daughter, Violet said.

No. No! No you’re not!, her father replied in an angry tone.

The sound of glass shattering and then her father shouting again. I took a step towards the side of the house, ready to scale the wall and protect Violet from her violent father.

Just as I was about to climb, Violet’s voice rang loudly. She was shouting back, standing up for herself, Don’t you get it?! She is dead! And I’m not your wife! I’m your daughter!

I felt proud of her, but also concerned. Her father was like a time bomb. Anything could set him off, especially when he was in his unstable state. I could hear him whimpering, the entire room thrown in silence.

Violet’s heart was beating fast, as she calmed down. She’s dead, she whispered. She died, Dad. She died years ago.

I could tell she was sad, but her tone was still strong, confident.

She’s gone, her father gasped as his whimpering escalated.

I could just imagine the scene in my head; Violet standing in a huff, frustrated by her fathers’ misunderstanding. Glass and liquor all over the floor, and her father among it, whimpering.

I relaxed my stance, and stood there as I watched the window of light.

There was silence, a respite. I could still hear faint things that told me there was still life.

One heart faltered, their breathing huge gasps, as the other heart beat at a fair pace, their breathing was normal.

I could tell the difference between them. It seemed ironic which one was the strong confident one, since the weak one was supposed to be the guardian.

The tables had turned between them both. Anything can happen now.

~

Woo hoo!! I got one vote for this story! Yayy! I've never gotten a vote for anything before! Thank you to whoever voted! You have my utmost respect.

:D

Love & rockets,

dc.