Chapter 18: Part 1

~

This chapter leads to Violet giving birth! If you are in need of laughs, I suggest you read on! The birth scene may be comical. :D

Love & rockets,

dc

~

Violet: 

“It’s some lawyer, here to see you about your father’s estate and fortune,” Seth explained.

I lost my almost breath, but sat up. This was bound to happen sooner or later.

Seth helped me out to the living room. I was feeling mixed emotions.  

“Just breathe, I’m here for you baby,” he whispered in my ear.

I managed to smile a little, as he guided me in the living room. I zeroed in on a very slim, middle-aged woman sitting on the couch. She looked so sophisticated and out of place. Her black hair hung straight down on either side of her face just above her shoulders. She wore a black suit, her legs neatly folded over each other.

As I entered the room, she stood up.

“Hello Ms. Brown, I’m Jo King.”

I shook her hand. She had a firm shake. I sat on the couch opposite her, as she bustled around in her case.

“Hi, Jo,” I replied nervously.

“I’m from the lawyer’s office down in New York, and I just came here to talk to you about your father’s estate. But first, we need to talk about your current house—”

“Oh, I don’t want it,” I interrupted.

She looked at me with a stunned expression.

“I’m sorry, I’m afraid I don’t understand…”

“I don’t want the house. Living in that house was a nightmare. I don’t want anything to do with that house, or any of the other houses.”

“But surely, you can’t just leave them uninhabited,” Jo said, “They are all yours now that your father has given everything up.”

I folded my arms across my chest. “Well Max was pretty darn gullible to think I’d want the houses.”

Jo looked astounded.

“Just a question,” Seth suddenly put in, “How many houses do you have?” he asked facing me.

“Oh, hardly,” I replied.

“Six houses to be exact counting the one here in Washington,” Jo said as she read from a piece of paper, “There is also one in Hawaii, Los Angeles, New York, London and the Caribbean.”

Seth look dumbfounded. “Why didn’t you tell me this?”

“Because it wasn’t important” I replied eying Jo.

“Violet, your father’s fortune is over twenty million dollars, and you say it isn’t important?” Jo asked.

“All my life I’ve lived with too much money. I’m privileged and I don’t hate it, but I also don’t love it. With all that money, I never found happiness. Money really doesn’t buy you happiness, I could never find any.”

Jo looked at me, her eyebrows raised. Seth smiled beside me.

“I love you so much,” he whispered beside me.