Chapter 17

Violet's POV:

Seth and I sat on the small porch in front of his house. His arms were wrapped around me, keeping me warm. I couldn’t let go of him myself. The past two days were hell for me.

“I missed you,” I sniffled in his chest.

“I’m sorry I left,” he replied, rubbing my arm.

“I should be the one apologizing, I was the one who told you to leave,” I said.

He was silent for a moment.

“I had a lot of time to think, and I’ve decided to never leave you again. I respect your decision, as much as it pains me.”

I looked at him, full in the face.

He looked overwhelmed. “I do love you. I swear to everything under the sun, that I love you more than you think.”

I grinned.

“If you asked me how many times you crossed my mind these past two days, I would only say once, because you never left,” he smiled. 

I looked at him with adoration. He was stepping up. He kissed me on the forehead, his arms not tight enough around me.

Seth stayed true to his words. He never left me. He was always with me.

The whole town somehow knew about my pregnancy, rumours flying.

Seth didn’t want me to go to public places, afraid of the negativity. I was fine with that. The last thing I wanted were stares and whispers.

I didn’t blame them. A seventeen year old getting pregnant, after being heavily abused by her drunken father who was on the run from the law, was a pretty juicy story. A few television networks turned up at the house, asking for an interview.

Leah would scream at them, telling them this wasn’t a circus of freaks.

I actually found it quiet funny, laughing through the window when Leah had thrown her shoe at one reporter who asked about Leah’s love life.

Leah was good company at the house. She brought DVDs for me to watch when I got bored. Sue was very supportive too. She even bought me gummy bears when I craved them. For the first time in a long time I felt like I belonged to a family.

“Hey, Leah, what’d you bring this time?” I asked when Leah entered the house.

She pulled a DVD out of her bag. “Titanic.”

“Ooo sounds good,” I said as I ate a packet of gummy bears. I was starting to run out.

“Picked these up for you too,” she said revealing three bags of gummy bears in her bag.

“Aw, Leah, you are the best!” I exclaimed as I kissed her on the cheek.

“I know,” she replied smug.

This was the first time I had watched Titanic, and I never knew how sad it was. I cried the whole way through, Leah crying too. But she wasn’t crying as much as I was. A few tears escaped her eyes, compared to the running tap I was.

It ached me knowing that Jack and Rose had found unconditional love, one of them dying and the other promising to live a full life.

It made me think of Seth and me. How much Seth had given me his love, no matter how many struggles we went through.

When Seth returned from his patrol, I ran to him and buried my face in his chest, sobbing.

“Whoa, Vi, what’s wrong?” he asked wrapping his arms around me.