Chapter 25: (Violet's POV)

~

Last chapter guys!

L&R,

dc

~

..

With the image of his face from my human memory in my head, I began to follow the sound, my maternal instinct kicking in.

My mind worked the calculations of where everyone was standing. There were too many people; I had to find another way to my child.

I backed away from them, and they all got in defensive positions, but it was too late.

I sprinted to the balcony, and burst through the glass. Before I knew it, I launched myself from the balcony.

My instincts were telling me that I was okay, and I landed with two feet planted on the ground with a light thud. The glass hadn’t touched my cold marble skin, leaving no trace of ever jumping through the window.

I looked up, pleased by my ability of being able to jump from a ten foot balcony.

Seth and the rest of the party looked down at me from the balcony in astonishment. I could see a hint of a smile on the Cullens.

I turned my attention to the back door, and without any hesitation I whipped it open, hurrying into the house.

“Gabriel? Gabriel?” I called frantically as I hurried into the lobby.

“Mama?” he replied. I heard little footsteps as he came running into the lobby.

“No, Gabriel, don’t!” I heard Leah call.

More footsteps sounded as everyone hurried down the steps. The Cullens and the wolf pack appeared in the lobby too, and it suddenly felt small.

Seth pushed past all of them and came by my side. 

Gabriel ran into the lobby, but stopped short when he saw me. He had grown taller, his hair in little tufts across his forehead.

He looked so much like Seth. I could hear his little heart beating rapidly as he stared at me.

“Gabriel,” I breathed smiling.

He looked at me blankly.

Leah appeared in the lobby too, Sue behind her. They all had eyes on me and Gabriel as they watched the reunion of mother and child.

“Violet,” Leah swallowed.

Sue covered her mouth in shock.

I ignored everyone in the room, and took a step closer to Gabriel. He didn’t move, but everyone else did.

I wasn’t going to hurt him. Though the smell of his blood pulsed through his veins, I didn’t feel any temptation, I sensed something else pumping through his veins; his wolf gene.

“Gabriel, it’s me, Mama” I said softly.

He looked at me, and I held my breath. He shook his head, and ran back to Leah.

I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. My son did not recognise me.

“I wanna go, Leah,” he cried as he buried his face in Leah’s arms.

Leah took him away.

I looked after him in pain. A knife drove right into my heart.

The rejection ached so much, I couldn’t take it. I forgot about the burning thirst and felt my feet moving.