three

[ E D I T E D ]

Josh

I walked up to Tyler's front door. His apartment building was smaller than most, and was in the 'I act like I'm rich, but really I'm just a 40 year old mid-class cat lady' area of the town.

I knocked on his door, lightly at first, then when I didn't get an answer, harder.

"Coming! I'm coming, hold on!" I heard Tyler's voice yell through the closed door.

Suddenly, the door opens and I see Tyler, looking beautiful as always. "Hey, Josh. Sorry it took me a minute. I had to put on and tie my shoes."

I smile, "It's fine. Are you ready?" Tyler nods, and steps out of his cozy looking apartment (I peeked inside while Tyler locked the inside of the door) and closed the big maroon colored door.

As we walk down the stairs and to my car, Tyler speaks up. "So, Joshie boy, where are we going?" He gives me a devious smile.

I scoff, and we reach my car. "Guess you'll have to be patient, won't you sunshine? And the name, Joshie, I don't like it."

Tyler laughs, "Well, I don't like the name sunshine, but you don't see me complaining about it."

I just smile and shake my head, and open the passenger door for Tyler, and once he gets in, I get myself inside my beautiful car. God, I love my car. Almost more than anything. Almost.

I drove Tyler and myself to an older hole-in-the-wall cafe. "I know it's not fancy or anything, but this is my second favorite place on earth, believe it or not."

Tyler gave me a small smile. "It's cute. I like it." I only shook my head in amusement, got out of the car, went around to Tyler's side of the car, and opened his door for him.

"Such a gentleman, Josh." Tyler giggled. Let me repeat, Tyler giggled. God that was so fucking cute. Jesus take the wheel, 'cause Joshie boy might not make it tonight with this cute ass in front of him.

We went inside the cafe, and I ushered Tyler to sit down. "I'll order for you, I know what's good. You haven't got any allergies or dislikes I should know about, right?"

Tyler laughed. "Nope, no food allergies. And if it's food, I'll eat it. I'll be over here," he pointed to the far back corner table, "Don't be long!" Tyler walked to the table while I got in line to order.

"Hello, my name is Melanie, how can I help you?" Melanie the waitress gave me a sweet smile, patiently waiting. I scanned the menu for a second or two, then completely decided on what to get.

"I want two double chocolate cake pops, two birthday cake cake pops, two peppermint mochas, and one jumbo chocolate cupcake. That should be it."

Melanie nods. "Okay. Your total is $19.28." I give her my card, and she quickly swipes it and gives it back.

"Your things will be ready in just a moment. Can I have a name for the order?" She asks. "The name's Josh."

She writes my name down on the receipt, and I walk back to Tyler.

Tyler looks beautiful, sitting there looking outside the window, the sunlight shining on him.

"Hey. It should be ready in a couple minutes." I say as I sit in the chair across from Tyler.

"Cool. So, what's up?" He asks. I give him a cheeky smile. "The sky, I'm pretty sure."

Tyler laughs, and I think I just died, went to heaven, and came back to life. "That's so stupid. But for reals. What's been up in your world?"

I shake my head. "Honestly, nothing much. Just a bit lonely sometimes, so I really do like to get out and actually be socially active every once in a while."

Tyler frowns. "You're lonely? Like how? Are you looking for someone, then?"

I sigh. "Yeah. It's just really lonely for me sometimes. But that's alright, I'll manage."

I look Tyler in the eye at the last part of my last sentence. Tyler bites his lip. "Are you looking for someone?" He asks.

Of fucking course. "I don't know. I've thought about it, and I really would like to get to know you better."

Tyler nodded. "I'd like to get to know you better, too. It's just, I don't think I'm ready for a boyfriend right now. My exboyfriend, Denis, was kind of abusive, and it gave me a sort of relationship-anxiety. That probably doesn't make sense, does it? Sorry."

I look at Tyler in shock. How could anyone be hurtful to such a sweet boy like Tyler? "Oh. Oh my god I'm sorry. I didn't mean to rush anything or make you uncomfortable. That wasn't my intention at all, holy shit, I'm unbelievably sorry."

What if he hates me now? What if he never wants to talk to me again?

"It's fine. It was a while ago, but it still kinda gets to me. You haven't made me feel uncomfortable or rushed or anything like that, Josh. I swear. If anything, you've made me feel happier than before. Anyways, you said this was your second favorite place on earth? What's your top favorite, then?"

I smiled, "That's a question to be answered some other day."

It was at that moment when I realized something. I haven't even know this boy for long, but he's already doing things to me, things I can't explain.

A/N

Oh shit waddup here come that update, boi