six

[ E D I T E D ]

Tyler

•three months later•

"Sunshine, please tell me this is the last box." Josh complained while carrying my box of unmentionables into his big apartment.

I sigh, "Yes Josh, it's the last box." I roll my eyes and start to unpack a box of all my clothes, and open up Josh's closet.

Holy Jesus, this thing is big. I move all of Josh's clothes to the left and start hanging up mine on the right, because I'm always right.

I start to put my unmentionables away in the right side of Josh's underwear drawer. "So now we're even sharing underwear drawers? We might as well be married." Josh says while helping me to fold each of my pairs of underwear and placing them on my side of the drawer.

I giggle. "We might as well."

Time skip to the next morning

I woke up cold. I would've thought on my first morning living with Josh I would wake up warm, cuddling into Josh's side. But I suppose things aren't always what we want them to be.

I get up from the empty bed and walk into the hallway, where I smell the most amazing thing a person could smell in the morning.

I follow the smell to the kitchen where Josh is flipping a pancake, bacon sizzling in the pan beside him.

I smile, and instantly the feeling of being upset leaves me, becoming replaced with pure happiness.

"Morning." I say with a smile, startling him. He jumps and the pancake he was flipping lands on the counter beside the stove.

I giggle, and pick it up, placing it back in the pan. "Morning, sunshine. How'd you sleep?" Josh asks.

"Fine. Woke up kinda cold though." He looked at me apologetically. "Sorry about that. I just wanted to get breakfast done before you woke up so we could go on our date."

I raise an eyebrow, "Date? What date?" Josh goes back to cooking the food.

"I was gonna surprise you, but I'll just tell you already since I know you'll bug me all day about it. We're gonna go to the aquarium and get some ice cream on the way back. Maybe if it's late enough, stop at that huge field and lay on the car and look at the stars, I don't know. We'll do whatever we end up doing, I suppose."

I smile. He's just so sweet for a big tough guy.

"Sounds fun. When are we leaving?" He smiles at me. "Well, since my sunshine thinks it's necessary to sleep until noon, we'll leave after we eat. Is that okay?"

I smile back, going to grab two plates and forks. "Sounds perfect."

He soon gets done cooking, and we eat quickly. We get in his car and drive to the aquarium.

One hour later

"Wow, Joshie! Look at those!" I squeal, staring at the sea lions. "I see them. Have you seen the dolphins, though? They're quite pretty, too."

I shake my head no, and speed walk (the huge sign in the front said "No Running!") to the dolphins and watched them in awe.

Josh looked at his watch, "If you want to make it to the really good ice cream place before it closes, we should probably leave soon."

I nod my head, and grab Josh's hand, walking out of the exhibit and then the aquarium itself.

We got in the car. "I had fun, Josh. Thank you." Josh smiled at me while backing up from the parking space. "You're welcome, sunshine. After ice cream you wanna go home and have a movie night or walk around the park and look at the stars?"

Jumping up and down in my seat excitedly, I respond. "Let's have a movie night! Can we watch The Nightmare Before Christmas?" Josh chuckled. "Of course we can."

We drove into the parking lot of my favorite ice cream place, Sammy's Ice Cream, Cafe, & Pastries.

Once again I was jumping up and down in my seat, and once the car was parked I unbuckled my seat and quickly jumped out, waiting for daddy.

Finally the slow poke got out, and we made our way inside. I ordered a brownie sundae with rocky-road ice cream and extra whipped cream. Josh ordered a plain mint chocolate-chip ice cream cone. How boring.

We sat and ate our ice creams in silence, sitting inside the 50's themed building.

Soon we finished, and made our way back home. As we walked inside I felt drowsy, suddenly tired because of the long day. I yawned, causing Josh to look over and smile.

"Ya tired, sunshine?" He asked. I nodded, and laid down on the couch. "Can we just watch a movie until we crash, Josh?" I ask, slipping into my headspace as I was so tired.

Josh nods and puts in The Nightmare Before Christmas and we cuddle up together, soon falling asleep in each other's braces.

A/N

Lowkey hate this chapter oops
Sammy