eighteen

[ E D I T E D ]

Tyler

The next morning

I wake up to an empty bed and I frown, hoping last night didn't cause any friction in our relationship. I just don't think I'm ready, and maybe that I'm not good enough. Marriage is the biggest commitment to a person I can think of, and it's just too much.

What if Josh realizes he doesn't love me as much, or maybe he realizes I'm not as beautiful as I am now, when we grow older. I just don't want him to change his mind. I know I wouldn't, but I guess it's just an insecure thing.

I get up, and Max jumps off the bed and follows me into the kitchen where I see Josh cooking chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. My favorite breakfast.

"Morning, Josh." I walk behind him and wrap my arms around his waist and nuzzle my face in between his shoulder blades, hopefully an obvious sign that I'm okay, and I'm not mad or sad with him.

"Morning, baby boy. I'm making your favorite for breakfast. And also, I've got a work meeting in about thirty minutes, the boss just called me this morning, so I'll be gone for a little bit. You can go out with Jen if you want or you can stay here. I don't care. I don't even know what I'm saying anymore. I shouldn't tell you that you could go see Jen today, you can always see Jen if you want-"

I kiss him when he turns around to silence his ramble. I smile into the kiss, and before leaning back I peck his lips once more.

"Josh, you're okay. We're okay, alright? You don't have to ramble and stress, okay? I love you. And I probably will go out with Jenna today."

He nods then sighs and looks down at the floor. "I-I'm sorry. For rambling, and for purposing after sex. It was stupid. I'm sorry."

I give him another small smile. "You've already said sorry, which was unneeded. You have nothing to be sorry for. I'm sorry I didn't say yes. I'm sorry for not being ready."

Josh gives me another big hug and he continues cooking my wonderful breakfast.

Time Skip

"He proposed to you?! And you said no?!" Jenna practically yelled.

I sighed and placed my head in my hands, almost knocking over my double chocolate chip mocha frappe from Starbucks, which was where we were.

"Yes, Jen. He proposed, and I said no." I look up at her from in between my fingers, and she was shaking her head with her eyebrows furrowed.

"But why? Why did you tell him no? Like I get it was after sex, but come on. You guys are like peanut butter and jelly, like Beyoncé to Kanye West."

This time my eyebrows furrow. "First of all, I don't even like Beyoncé, second of all, Beyoncé isn't married to Kanye West. That's Kim Kardashian, who I also don't like. And peanut butter and jelly is so old, it's so twentieth century. You have horrible analogies, Jen. Horrible."

She sighs and throws her hands in the air. "You know what I mean," she puts her hands back down on the table, making a slight smacking sound, "You guys are perfect for each other. I can't ever see you guys not in a relationship. You love each other so much, that everybody else in the world can see it in both of your eyes.

"People aspire to have beautiful relationships like what you and Josh have. It's beautiful, and I could sit here and I could tell you how much you guys love each other, and how much you guys belong together, but nothing can compare to how Josh can show you that love. How you should see it for yourself."

She takes a deep breath in. "Sorry, that was a lot. And don't expect me to be this serious and sentimental again, you hear me? Now, get your cute ass up, and let's go get your man. If you want to, that is. I'm not going to force you to marry him, okay? I'm just trying to make you see that Josh is the one for you, yeah?"

It's like my eyes finally opened. I myself can't see me or Josh with anybody else. Josh is the one for me, and the only one I'll ever need beside me, and vice versa. I nod, finally making the decision.

Jenna dropped me off back at home, (she came and picked me up) and luckily Josh was home again. I walk in the door and see Josh laying on the couch, watching Kitchen Nightmares. I run and jump onto him, and immediately start kissing him with all the love and passion I can give.

I pull back, "Does the offer still stand?" I ask.

His face contorts into one of confusion. "What do you-"

"I wanna marry you. Let's get married, Josh." I say with a huge smile, my dimples probably showing hardcore.

He smiles possibly the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face. "R-really? For real? You wanna- You wanna get married?"

I nod my head with my own smile on my face, and he lightly pushes me off of him and he runs into our bedroom and comes back, getting on one knee in front of me, opening the tiny box.

"Let's try this again," Josh takes a deep breath, a smile still etched on his face, "Tyler Joseph, will you marry me?"

I nod, and he slips the black and blue ring on my finger. "Yes! I love you, Josh."

"I love you too, sunshine."

What is your Hogwarts House? Mine is Slytherin:))