twenty

This was the first chapter of the "sequel" that's now being added onto this book.

[ E D I T E D ]

Tyler

I woke up to my alarm blaring Mr. Brightside by The Killers. I quickly smacked the off button, and proceeded to get myself up. It was my average day today, getting up by myself, feeding my german shepherd, Max, and then feeding myself before getting ready and going to my college classes.

After Josh and I got married, he got a huge promotion at his job, and he told me I should go back to college and get the photography degree I had always wanted. I felt bad, because he was the only one working, but he assured me he didn't mind, and that I practically worked my ass off at home cleaning everyday. Which is true, but I still feel bad.

I poured Max's food into his bowl, and made myself a gourmet bowl of Fruit Loops. As I sat at the dining room table, my phone alerted me of a text.

I thought it would be Josh, as he messages or calls me good morning almost everyday if he isn't super busy at work, but it was my best friend of over ten years, Jenna.

Crack Whore:
Hey boo, I was wondering if you and Josh wanted to come hang at the beach this weekend? It's just gonna be me, Mike, Bren, and Ryan. You can bring Max, his boyfriend will be there!

Jenna and her boyfriend, Michael have been going strong for years, it seems. Michael has a male Great Dane who gets along with Max a little too well. They'll just casually hump each other every now and then with no shame, and when they see each other they get super excited. It's pretty cute, actually.

PnisLuvr:
I don't see why not! Send me the details when you have time <3

This will be a bunch of fun, as we haven't seen Ryan (Brendon's boyfriend) in a while. He's been really busy with his own work, so Brendon usually comes over by himself.

When I finish my cereal, I lightly toss the empty bowl in the sink and make my way to Josh and I's huge ass shared closet. This closet is probably my favorite thing about our house.

I find some clothes to wear, and slip on some old ripped black jeans, an okay-looking blue and black shirt, and plain black Vans. Deciding I look pretty good, I blow myself a kiss in the floor-to-ceiling mirror, grab my school bag, and head to my classes.

Josh

"Sir? Here's your coffee, and you forgot to call your husband." My secretary, Melanie, placed a Starbucks cup in front of me, and looked down at her notepad before checking things off. "You also have a meeting with your boss and some coworkers in thirty minutes. I've prepared a perfect seating arrangement so you don't have to sit by Pete and Patrick."

I sigh and take a sip of my perfect coffee. "Thank you, Melanie. I do appreciate the seating arrangement. I swear those two can't keep their hands off each other, even in a meeting with their boss! It makes me highly uncomfortable. Although, I would've liked for you to remind me about calling Tyler. I always get caught up in paperwork and don't look at the time for when he wakes."

"Yes, sir. I know, that's my bad. I wasn't paying attention, and I forgot. I'm sorry, I will make sure to remind you tomorrow. Is there anything else I can help you with at the moment?"

I sigh again and lean back in my comfy-as-hell office chair. "No. You can leave, just make sure there's no more forgetting to do your job. Got it?" Melanie nods and quickly leaves, probably to go flirt with some random coworker like always.

Melanie is known for sleeping around the office, but as long as she doesn't try it with me and it doesn't interfere with her work and her job performance, I could care less.

I look at my watch and notice Tyler isn't in class at the moment, as it's lunchtime and he wouldn't sign up for any classes during this time. I decide to text him, and I take out my phone.

J:
Hey sweet thing. I'm sorry I didn't call you this morning when you woke up. I got an ass-load of paperwork when I arrived, and I'm just now getting finished with it. Your day been okay?

Of course, it doesn't take long for him to reply.

Tyler:
Hiya!! It's okay, I completely understand!! And it's been okay, Matty drove me to Subway and we're eating right now. I'll message you later? Love you!

I reply with an "Okay," and put my phone back up. Matty is this kid Tyler has most of his classes with. I guess he's Tyler's friend, but I've never met him. It bothers me a little bit, knowing my baby boy is out eating with some other guy that I don't know, but I know Tyler would never and isn't cheating on me, and isn't even thinking about it while with Matty.

I close my eyes, and lean back into my chair. My meeting starts soon, so I decide to take a small nap until Melanie comes to get me for it.

That is, until I get another text message from Tyler.

Tyler:
I went to the bathroom for a little break, and I took this for you. Have a good meeting, Joshie boy!!! xoxo
[Insert picture of Tyler's butt, his boxer briefs hugging it tightly, his jeans pulled halfway down.]

I instantly feel my jeans tighten. This meeting is going to take long and is going to be terrifyingly horrible, I just know.

This book: yay or nay?