•Chapter three•

"I think you should take the job, Edythe." Mum says putting popcorn into her mouth.

"What if I don't like the job?" I say.

"Then you can quit." She says. "Was this the guy you spilt coffee on?" Mum adds raising her eyebrows.

"Yeah, and I'm surprised he would offer me a job after those events..." I trail off.

"You should call the number, see if you like the job. If not then you can always back out." Mum says grabbing more popcorn out the bowl.

"Okay." I agreed taking the bowl out of her hands as she glared at me. I walk out of the lounge room to find my phone.

I swear it grows legs of it's own. I find it on my bed were I left it. I reached into my bag to find the number he had given me.

I rang for a few seconds and someone picked it up. I could tell from his voice that it was Eugene.

"Who's is this?" He says into the phone.

"It's Edythe. You know from the cafe-"

"Oh good. Have you made a decision?" He asks grumpily. He has very weird mood swings.

"Yes, I accept you job offer." I say nervously. What am I doing?

"Wonderful. You start today, I text the address."

"Hold on." I say frowning. "How can I trust you not to kidnap me?"

"Hilarious Edythe, my mother will be home and Sebastian will show you around the house." Eugene says with no emotion in his voice.

"I'm working at your house?"

"You working as my personal assistant."

"So a maid." I concluded.

"You can say it that way. Be here in the next twenty minutes." Eugene says then I hear the line go dead.

What did I get myself into?

He's probably going to make me scrub the walls, wash his underpants and tuck him into bed.

Wonderful.

I take my bag, putting in my phone, wallet, keys and a bit of my lint chocolate I didn't finish.
I grabbed a handful of popcorn before giving the bowl back to mum.

"Oh thanks there's only like ten pieces of popcorn left now." She wines.

I giggle and grab one more. "Nine, now." I say still holding my other handful.

"I start in the next twenty minutes." I add after she finishes having a quiet memorial of the popcorn I took.

"That's great! What are you working as?" She asks smiling.

"Ah, assistant in his work." I say half lying.

What even does he work as? He's obviously rich, so he must have some amazing job.

"An assistant?" She says raising one eyebrow. I've tried to master that but every time both go up instead of one.

"Mm." I hum with a unsatisfied expression.