•Chapter six•

I woke up at 5:30 to get dressed before going to find Eugene's room, which was apparently on the third floor.

The house was so quiet that I could here the sprinklers from next doors garden which is three blocks away.

The stairs were my morning work out and was exhausted when I finally reached the top of the stairs of satan.

A frown at the closed doors along the hallway. God damn, which one could be his?

I started with the first door of the five. It was a spare, the second was a spare too.
I reached door number 3 and opened it. The room had too much possessions to be a spare, but no one was in there.

My eye caught the photograph sitting on the bedside table. It was a photo of Eugene, Hunter and a girl, blonde curly hair, same height as Hunter.

Was she apart of the family? Where is she now? A million questions wanted to escape my mouth but a voice from the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Your not supposed to be in this room, Edythe." A low voice came from the door. I jumped and turned around to see Eugene standing there arms crossed.

"Ah, sorry. I didn't know." I say quietly. "I was looking for your room."

"My room is the last door." He answered.

"Edythe, I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible... please get out."

"Yes, right. Sorry." I say quickly walking out of the room.

Eugene shut the door behind me. "Never go in there again." His eyes were cold and hurt, nearly watered with tears.

"Yes, sir."

"I have my coffee at ten o'clock every morning, I'll be in my study." He says then departed.

My jaw dropped. "Where's your study!"

*

From what I can remember, I made Eugene a Chocolate Latte. The coffee Machine in the huge kitchen was challenged with many buttons.

After finally succeeding in making a coffee that was perfectly made, I still had to get past the stairs.

Hunter happily skipped his way down holding nothing but his own weight.
He takes one look at me holding the coffee then backs away slowly.

"Na, uh. Don't you spill that on me too." He says pointing at the coffee in my hands.
I rolled my eyes.

Hunter looks between me and the flight of stairs. "Tough job."

I placed the coffee on the bench so it didn't burn my hands. "Yeah, and its only my second day."

"Your doing great, usually mum turns girls away as soon as they reach the door, but somehow, you got through."

"Sometimes I wish I didn't." I mumble.

"Look, Eugene is controlled by our mother, he has no choice but to live this life, he was home schooled, that's why he doesn't get along with many people. He didn't get normal life. Neither will I." Hunter speaks.

"I know he doesn't want my pity, but, he's human, he has choices."

"This business is his life. Mum made it that way. She's already setting him up with blind dates for marriage."