•Chapter eight•

"I'll be out again. Hunters in his room. Sebastian should be here soon." Eugene said crossing his arms over his chest.

I looked up from my book, 'back to the future.'

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"Out."

I sighed and slammed my book down. "Listen, I know it might not be any of my business, but you can't unexpectedly leave without telling me where your going! What if you get into trouble? What if you get hit by a car?" I exclaimed.

"Why? Will you cry if I died?" He asks clearly finding this whole thing funny.

I rolled my eyes. "No."

"It's Opposite Day."

I glare at him. "If your gonna be a smartass, first you have to be smart. Otherwise your just an ass."

"Fine." He says giving up. "My mother set me on another date. At the new Italian restaurant."

I let out a long breath.
"If you don't want to go, you don't have to."

"Trust me. I have to." He says running his hand through his hair. "My mother will go crazy if I don't."

"Your mother is already crazy." I laugh.

A small laugh escaped his lips.
I made him laugh. I grin at him, doing a happy dance in my head.

"Wow."

"What." He asks.

"I made you laugh."

His face turned cold and scowled at me.

But I couldn't get the grin off my face. "When do you have to be there?"

"Now." He shrugs.

"Then what are you still doing here?" I say frowning. "Don't keep her waiting."

"It's not important." He says still not moving from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm not dragging you there. She's waiting for you so you better go." I couldn't help to hear my voice changed tone a bit.

"She can wait."

"What's her name?" I ask.

"Doesn't matter. I don't see them again." He says.

"So you would rather spend your time in a room full of books than a pretty blonde girl with a skimpy dress on?" I say a little curious.

"I would rather spend my time with you than a girly girl, yes."

My heart sped up. "What?"

He shook his head looking down. "Fine, I'll go."
Without another word, he turned around and walked up the stair case and out of sight.

I sighed. I felt my heart still racing through my body.
But seriously, who wouldn't want blonde hair? And skinny legs and other things he would go for? But instead being in a library with a brunette curly clumsy girl is better?

I picked up my book and mapped reading as I walked up the stairs to the kitchen.

"Don't let someone dim your light just because it's shinning in their eyes."

I look up, Sebastian stands there smiling at me.

"Pardon?"

"Don't let Eugene make you feel small just because he's having a bad day." He says in a better concept.
"He's opening up to you. I mean, he's never shown me the library, he just told me there was one."