•Chapter twenty-four•

Sorry I haven't updated guys, I've been so busy with school and exams🙄
That's a drawing of mine, just thought I'd put it up for no reason haha
Anywaysssss
Hope you enjoy this chapter:)

Eugene's Point of View

"Edythe Prior. Do you know how long it took me to find your house?
Hours."

I have the urge to shut the door, forget what just happened, leave everything behind.
But I couldn't.

I was shocked that he had made the effort to drive all the way to my house. A millionaire, driving all the way to a normal poor house.
Never in my wildest dreams have I imagined this moment.

I want to yell at him, tell him to leave me alone, tell home that someone like him doesn't fall for someone like me.
That when he said he was falling for me, was a lie, and he'd say that to any girl.

But I don't.

Because I knew I was falling too, and that by the look on his face, he wasn't turning back, he wasn't kidding when he told me he was falling, as much as I didn't believe it.

He had read the letter, and didn't listen when i told him not to come after me. I suddenly felt terrible.

"your right," he says, "We are two different people, I have everything I want. I did. But I didn't have a real caring mother, I don't have a father. It was just me and Hunter that had to look after ourselves for so long that we forgot what it was like to have fun."

I could't move, I can't remember the last time I blinked.

"since you walked through that door, I thought nothing would happen between us. Only because you didn't show any sign of falling for me like everyone else. I was immedientaly pulled in." He says, closing his eyes.

"you've saved me, you picked me up. You taught me how to love again, truly. And you are so fucking beautiful, that I had fell into another mess. This one you can't pick up, and I don't want you to." He looks me straight in the eye, his brown eyes glittering with hope. I couldn't breathe.

"Because falling in love with you was the greatest mess I've ever been in."

I smiled, a shocked kind of smile. My heart beating against my chest like i just ran a marathon. then my body reacted before my mind, and I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him with all I had. He instantly hugged me back, with so much love that I was lifted from the ground.

After I pulled away he cupped my cheeks with both hands. "The problem is," he said as he leaned in, "if I kissed you, I don't think I'll be able to stop."

I smile, shaking my head and connected my lips with his.

•••••

"Can I ask you a question?" He asks.

"Yeah sure, what is it?"

"When you left, I want to know, which was it?" He asks me. "Was it that, you loved me enough to let me go, or you didn't love me enough to hold on?"

I sucked in my breath, quite surprised and caught on his question. I felt terrible, I didn't hold on, but I loved him.
But not to let him go.

I frowned, staring at the TV in front of me, my mother would be home in an hour. My legs were over his, as I rested my head on his shoulder.
My hands carelessly fidgeting because of how nervous I was to be this close to him.

"Neither." I finally said. "I thought it was all we'd ever be- an incomplete sentence, a half written story. Finished without an ending."

I close my eyes for a few seconds then open them. I could feel his gaze on me.

"I love you."

My head snapped around to look at him. I wasn't expecting that to come out. I smiled and my heart was thumping, my brain shouting at me to say it back.

Thinking over the words, the words that I have wanted to say. The words that I never thought I would say. The words that I wasn't sure of until now.
I opened my mouth expecting no words to come out, but they did. Surprising me at the same time.

"I love you too." I replied.