•Chapter nine•

"I'm am absolutely disgusted." Mrs Rider hissed. She pointed to each of us, giving us a lecture about last night.

"Eugene, how dare you let them ruin your date!"

"AND YOU, YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE IN CHARGE."
She yells pointing her skinny little finger at me. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat.

"AND YOU, HOW DARE YOU JOIN IN." She yells to Sebastian.

"YOU." Mrs Rider yells at hunter, he looks terrified.

"Stop, your frightening him." I say to her.

"YOU ARE NOT THE PARENT IN THIS SITUATION!" She yells at me making me jump.
"WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE-"

Now the 'when I was your age' lecture.

"Mum it's 2017, not 1975." Eugene rolls his eyes.

"SIT."

"Sitting." He sighed sitting on the chair.

"I can't believe-"

"Mom, don't worry about it, like you said, there are other girls." Eugene sighs.

"Don't worry? Don't worry?"

Here we go.

"I THOUGHT I RAISED YOU BETTER THAN THIS!" She cries.

"Oh my god." I mutter quietly.

"You, go home." She points at me. "Hunter go to your room."

What?

Did she just fire me?
Can she do that?
I mean, isn't it Eugene's choice?

I didn't spend another minute in that house, I held onto my phone tightly and walked quickly out the mansion.

Somehow, Mrs Rider knows EVERYTHING. Because when she was our age, APPARENTLY, she never used to ruin dates.

I walked straight to Sugar&Sweets to see Amy.
When I walked in the cafe, the air smelt of coffee beans and strawberries.

Amy saw me from the counter and a smile came on her face. She sat on the counter, swung her legs over the other side then got off and ran at me.
I hugged her and laughed.

"I felt like I haven't seen you forEVER." She exaggerated.

"I know, well, I think I just got fired so-"

"What? He fired you?" Her eyes widened and her mouth open.

"No, his mum. I think." I say.

"Oh, mothers." She says cringing.

"So, you and Sebastian, Aye?" I smirk at her.

"Oh yeah, but he hasn't called me." She says looking down at her shoes.

"Probably because he's getting a lecture too."

"What did you guys do?" She says curious.

I thought about everything that happened in the last two days. There was a lot I haven't told her and she was supposed to be working.

"I have a lunch break now, so spill." She said pointing to the table beside us.

I sat down and told her everything making sure I didn't miss out a single detail.
Her eyes widened at some parts -like that night when Eugene said I looked beautiful. Her jaw dropped and laughed at my spy plan that got us into trouble.